Player's Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View)

+2
Furor
Weaver
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View) - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Shades of Light (Alternative View)

Post  Furor Mon May 14, 2012 1:32 am

Furor glanced at the girls he knew enough to know what they said ment they are important. He couldn't help but wonder if he should call them sisters what if angered someone. Giving a soft shrug knowing he really didn't care, "so.... Does this mean I should tell people I am furor master of bones, or do I get some funny sounding title too?" he asked of Abby, "but to have one I don't have to act like an ass lime him do I?"
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View) - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Shades of Light (Alternative View)

Post  Abby Mon May 14, 2012 1:38 am

at Furor's words Abby cracks up and cluches her side but shakes her head in the neagtive. Taking a couple deep breaths. "No furor titles only matter to people impressed by them, most are like Journyman D'ware and often drop either thier name or title or the important people who they associate with names and titles. But back to our porpse agian Journyman D'ware Father Donatello wants you in his study, you do know the way correct?"
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:45 pm

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View) - Page 2 Sebastian

"I do," Sebastian growled before stomping past them.

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View) - Page 2 Iryna

Iryna broke into snickers as the journeyman swept his way into the Order House. Ella gave her a small grin in return.

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:50 pm

"You sure I can just knock him down a peg or two?" the boy asked as he looked between his sisters. "I mean really it wouldn't be that hard to tweak with his brain.." the boy said to them as his chilly aura seemed to lash out at the man as he swept past them. "if he has one.." came the mutter as he glared at him. Every time he saw Sebastian something in him just wanted to hurt the man. It was as if he had some sort of magic that mad you want to inflect the most painful thing upon him every time you saw him.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:56 pm

Abby chuckled "his pegs have already been knocked down. As for the state of his mind I'm sure he has one, and one of the fundamental rules my family has about telepaths of any kind is: minds are only to be read or talked to not changed." Abby starts slowly following the direction Sebastion went.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:13 am

Following them along he smiled softly, "I am not changing anything.... I would be providing him with a altered view of the here and now. I am not changing his brain just how he is viewing things for a small while.." he said with his boyish charm as he giggled. "Skeletons crawling out of the walls.... beautiful haunting music flowing about...." the boy said now sounding like a love sick girl, "Why wouldn't someone want to see that?" he asked.

"watch the skeletons dance about, watch them crawl from the ground, Worry not of why they be, all be to the boys you see..... come dance come play with me today.... for we shall soon all be... happy.... when the bones dance with we..." the boy sang forth playfully taking Iryna's hand to swing about as he skipped along side her now.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:23 am

Abby blinked slowly and opened and closed her mouth twice "Altering perception is still bad though singing skeletons is starngley terrifying. Iryna do you know the way if we lose him?"
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:32 am

"Right...we are supposed to be following him, aren't we?"

She looked around just in time to see Ella entering the keep. With her long legs, the gypsy soon caught up with the little psychic. Ella gave Iryna a little smile before pointing to the retreating back of Sebastian.

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:38 am

"The skeletons don't really sing you know... they kinda make a... creepy sound... from what people tell me... though I love it... so soothing... puts me right to sleep usually..." he told them as they followed Sebastian, "The zombies... they just moan... NOW the mummies.. they sing," he said with a grin, " and they do it so well.... I once had them singing to me as I passed by a village the people who lived there all ran inside screaming...." he told them now giggling at the memory, "I don't know why though... but get them to sing you to sleep on a full moon night... cuddled close in an empty grave just dug earlier that day... oh it hardly gets more relaxing.."
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:44 am

Abby shivered and then looked at Furor "Furor I love you like a brother, But you scare me sometimes. You scare me alot. Any idea how far is it?"
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:58 am

Sebastian turned a corner, passing out of sight. The group picked up speed, determined to not lose their quarry. Suddenly, Ella threw out her arms to block the group's passage. She put one finger to her lips and started moving towards the corner at a more quiet pace.
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:04 am

"How am I scary..." he asked very softly as he quickly cast silence about himself to keep his movements from alerting anyone. 'Am i really that scary....' the boy pondered in his own mind, 'how do I scare her...'

------------------------------

Furor casts Silence
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:07 am

Abby smiled quietly and does a one arm hug to Furor and Ella While being as quiet as possible.

=================
Abby casts Silence
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:28 am

Iryna risked a look around the corner as the rest of the group did their affectionate ritual, just in time to hear Father Donatello's voice tell Sebastian to enter. She rocked back on her heels. With a wave of her hand, she began creeping around the corner and down the hallway.

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View) - Page 2 Ella

Ella wiggled away to follow...except she wasn't creeping like Iryna. Instead, she skipped.

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:32 am

Abby smiled at her skiping sister releasing furor from the hug. Abby quietly followed Ella and Iryna.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:34 am

Furor still was trying to figure out what about him was so scary about him as he followed so silently so that he too could figure out what was going on.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:02 pm

As his comrades rounded the corner, Korin began his assent seamlessly extracting himself from the floor in front of the door that the priest had just closed.

"Ol' fool didn't even lock the door." the dwarf said softly to the approaching group as he shook his head glaring at said entryway.
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:48 pm

"Can you hear them Korin or is there another room further back?" Abby whispered, glancing behind the group to make sure no one followed them.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:05 am

"Lass, if you'll listen fer yerself an' ye might be able to hear on yer own." the dwarf said with an eyeroll as he reached for the door.
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:25 am

"Shh," Iryna snapped as voices drifted out. She pressed an ear to the door to better to hear the low voices coming from the room.

"You took a while, my boy," came Father Donatello's voice through the thick oak. "What took so long?"

"Your pet gypsy," snapped Sebastian. The group outside the door could almost imagine the arrogant pose the braggart had to be in to have such a tone. "And the loon and her sister. They decided to try to pretend to be important."

"All of Ozain's children are important," Donatello replied. "Just in different ways. I thought that you had learned this lesson, my son."

"They pretended to know the Great Mother!"

"Well, the Rimon family is very prominent in Lithia. Does it really seem that impossible?"

"I..."

Silence reigned for a moment as the pair of Order members spoke with action rather than word. Iryna made a face before looking at Ella. The little psychic rolled her eyes and held up her hand. Slowly, she counted down with her fingers. Just as she lowered the last finger, they heard Donatello again.

"Now that's settled, there's something I need your help with--" There was a pause broken only by Ella quietly growling. "I'm afraid that I can't quite see as well as I used to...could you read the runes in this section off for me? They are slightly different than the ones on the 'red' Jarolyn."

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:32 am

Furor was feeling confused by now. He knew he needed to wait to see what he should do but on the other hand his brother was wanting him to teach the idiot in the room a lesson for insulting his sisters. " what should we do?" the boy said in barley an auditable whisper.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:43 am

"Wait and see what is up" Abby whispered back to Furor. 'red one what red one?' Abby thought waiting and trusting that depending on what was going on Korin, Iryna and Ella would know what to do, but acknowlding she had a bad feeling about this.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:51 am

'Patients," he thought "best to try and figure out what their doing a'fore burstin' in.'

steadying his hand on the door he studied Ella carefully, if things were about to go wrong she'd probably be his first warning.
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:56 am

The boy nodded and watched the door with interest "wheels turn and new ways open... What path are we going to walk..." the boy muttered as he waited.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:03 am

Sebastian began to speak in something that was not trade-speak. It also was not elven, demonic, or dwarven. It didn't sound like the language that Mother Doshi used to speak with the druids or the witches either. It did sound vaguely familiar, not to Furor, but to the unseen entity within the boy. The bony feline poked his head out of Furor's bag to look at the door.

"Fae," Iryna muttered absently. Her dark eyes cut to Furor. So many reminders in such a short period of time. It was like he was getting closer.

"From the light comes the end of darkness," Ella whispered as if in translation. "Every night must end at dawn."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:09 am

Feeling his little friend move about, "Ruin is uneasy.... and so am I... I don't know what he speaks... but it feels like I should be terrified..." the boy muttered and once he heard the translation he couldn't help to be even more afraid. "Could he be planning on trying to take the house down before the sun comes up?" he asked softly as he scratched gently on Ruin's head trying to comfort himself.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:27 am

Shushing the young necromancer the dwarven warrior leaned his head to the stone wall beside the door before partially melding with the earthen surface. 'Let's get a look at what those two are up to.' he thought as his senses extended through the slab.
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:41 am

The Father was sitting at a work table in a rather sunny office. His quill scratched notes upon a parchment as he listened to his student read off the runic phrases. Sebastian currently had a hold of Eria and was twisting her in his hand to read the tiny writing that adorned her surface.

On another table behind them was scattered papers and other orbs, orbs very similar to Eria...except they appeared to have been...shattered into pieces in very methodical ways.
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:59 am

The stout soldier stiffened at the sight he beheld and withdrew from the wall, a look of fury etched across his features. In one smooth motion his blade left its sheath and slashed through the ornately carved wooden door. With the only thing obstructing their path removed he promptly stormed into the room, his free hand reaching for the hilt of his other sword and the first indicating the objects that induced his wrath, he made one bellowing demand.

"Wha' th' 'ell are ye thinkin'! Are ye plannin' t' do t' 'er the same thin' ye di' t' them ye Ol' bastard!"
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:07 am

As furor followed the dwarf into the room he shuttered at what he saw. "Light ladies.... many many light ladies... gone... you killed them.... why... why did you do it... now you want to hurt our light lady?" the boy said the pain in his voice trailed his words as he now glared at Sebastian a spell ready in his mind. 'Brother stand ready in a small space I don't know how well I can do... but come if I have need of you.' he said to the other within his mind. The boiling fury of Tumult answered his call and he knew his brother would stand ready. The air in the room seemed to drop further in display of the boys anger as his chilling aura began to flood the area, "I wont let you kill her....."
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:23 am

"What the hell--" Iryna cut herself off as she spotted what Korin was pointing at with his sword. Abby paled at the sight of the pieces of what looked to be ten Jarolyns. Only one was still whole. As the group watched, it pulsed the color red before returning to its clear state.

"They aren't people," Ella said as Father Donatello opened his mouth. Her cornflower eyes were focused on him with a hardness not natural to the little psychic. "They aren't real. Right, Father?"

"Horseshit," Iryna snapped. Shadows wrapped about her like a lover before she disappeared only to reappear beside the still silent Sebastian. The gypsy snatched their Jarolyn out of the journeyman's hand and quickly moved away. "But until we get to the bottom of this, I think I'll just keep a hold of Eria."

"You must understand--"

"Understand? Understand? What in the name of Ozain Himself is there to understand?" Abby looked vaguely sick as she spoke. She now understood what had her sister so angry with the Father. "Those are bodies."

"I wouldn't imagine you could understand the difference between a person and an object," Sebastian sneered.

"Don't you say a blasted word," Iryna threatened, a dagger appearing in her free hand.
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:30 am

"Old man, you'd best start talking, and I'd better like your answers." he growled out as he walked over to the table to examine the corpses of the formerly self-aware constructs.
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:34 am

"These where people...." the boy said softly tears running down his face, "Bodies of metal, or flesh are the same... while they don't get to have the joys of having bones they still feel, and think..." the boy was doing everything in his power now to unleash his power right now and hurt these men.... no not men beasts.... "Our light lady is much a sister as others... I love her just the same.... you are nothing much murderers...." he said as he spat at sebastian.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:59 am

"Hey," Sebastian protested as he wiped the spittle from his face. Fury covered his face. "Why, you little brat--"

"I'd watch who you were talking about, d'Ware," Iryna growled. She pointed with her dagger which was darkening quickly and smoking slightly. "You're on thin ice."

"They weren't functional," Donatello defended, though he did look sad. "I was just trying to make them work again. Can you imagine what could be done with Jarolyns once more fighting beside us?"

"Darkness would fall," Ella murmured. Her eyes were wide and filled with tears. "You didn't know about the magic that made them so strong." Delicately, she took the orb from Iryna. It gave a rather pathetic pulse of blue light at her touch. The kitsunemimi held the Jarolyn up to the light. "Eathin was a gnome, but he spent many years in the Seelie Court before he created his castle. That's why his first creations were in Fae Runes." She brought the orb down to cradle against her chest. "You're still a bad man."

"How was I to know that they could take the appearance of people?" Donatello's voice was woeful though his expression stayed neutrally regretful. "No legend spoke of them as such. And until your Eria came along none of them were active."

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:05 am

"So then, how did ye come by 'em then?" the dwarf asked with the same edge in his tone "An' why isn't this one in the same condition?" he said as he reached for the solitary whole Jarolyn.
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:11 am

"I wouldn't touch that one...." he said softly, "Something doesn't feel right from it...." he muttered as he eyed it now in a very careful manor. "It... it does not feel... the same as our light girl..." he told papa dwarf.

~~~~

Furor activates enhanced magic.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:18 am

His hand stills at Furor's comment, as he moves his hand to get a better look at the sphere it pulses red again.

"Whats the difference with this one from Eria so far other than color?" he asked cocking his head toward the head priest.
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:47 pm

"I was in the middle of researching that," Father Donatello said grouchily. Iryna played with her dagger while glaring at the healer, silently willing him to get to the point before she did. Ella was now cradling the blue orb between her grapefruit sized breasts, seemingly ignoring the entire room now. Clearly sensing the growing tension, Abby had shifted to take up a protective position near her little sister.

"You ruffins are disturbing the process," Sebastian complained. He might as well have not said anything for all the attention his complaint was given.

"The rune words are different," Donatello finally admitted with a sigh. "Hers speaks of light, healing, and protection. The red one's tell only about the glory of destruction and defeat of enemies, namely the Darkness."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:54 pm

"Blue shines bright and right.... Red light shall bring only the chaos in the night..." the boy muttered as he kept a eye upon the other device. "If any should be gone... its that one.." he told them, "It sets me on edge, and makes my body shiver with unease...." he said before sparing the annoying man a look, "Ruffins? really? there are so much more fun words... isnt there..." Furor said to him his more playful side seeming to been put aside at the moment.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:57 pm

"So what other tests are you planning Donatello?" the dwarf asked as he retracted his hand.
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:04 am

The Order leader was silent as if contemplating his answer. Suddenly, Ella snapped her gaze from Eria's smooth surface to Donatello's face and hissed like a wet cat. An almost visible aura pulsed around her slight frame, though that might have been light reflecting off her pale skin and hair. Beside the little psychic, Abby bounced on her toes twice as if ready to jump in the way of a blow that only she expected.

"I suggest just sayin' what you're thinkin', old man," Iryna suggested darkly. She had the dagger in a ready grip, its point pressed into the index finger of the opposite hand. Her shadow seemed just a touch darker than it had been a moment ago.
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:15 am

In the time it took for the stout warrior to raise his arm level with the priests torso one of the greatswords strapped to his back seamed to materialize in his hand, its tip less than an inch from the old mans breastbone. "Speak plainly old man, lest there be a misunderstanding among us."
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:24 am

'no fair... no fair... I want to have some fun too...' Tumult complained, 'I don't know if I would really call this fun...' Furor offered back though he did grin abit, 'but any chance that windbag of a man can get hurt... I guess that does mean fun...' Furor said back as he pondered the idea. 'Good... then that means its my turn to play... right....' Tumult asked of his brother. The boy gave a soft shrug as he gave control over to his brother, the clothing he wore hardened up into a rather nice purple armor, and a golden scythe formed within the boys hand. Lowering the edge of it down till it rested before Sebastian Tumult grinned as rocked upon the balls of his feet enjoy his first time out. "Just say the word old dwarf and ill give this boy a new hair cut starting at the neck..."
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:34 am

"Nay lad," he said calmly despite the slight shock at the sudden change in the young necromancer "That ones just a tactless dudder, his blood needn't be spillt 'again' over this." he cocked his head to the side and lowered his blade "So far as I can see anyway."
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:55 am

"Normally, at this point," Donatello spoke before Sebastian could say whatever comment he had opened his mouth to make, "I would have tested the bonds of the pieces that make up the orb."

Silence met the old man's confession. Abby swallowed hard while Ella took a step backwards into the corner by the door. Iryna took a threatening shift forward to balance on her toes. While the other two girls had tensed, the gypsy's frame had loosened. Her dark eyes were not focused upon the threatened Father, but instead upon Sebastian's face. Her expression begged for him to say something, anything and give her an excuse to act upon her only tenuously held anger.

Almost forgotten, the skeletal cat picked itself up off the ground where he had fallen when the bag he had been sleeping in disappeared with his ward. He shook himself making a rattling noise that sounded loud amidst the tension and made a regal motion as if licking himself. Like two little emeralds, the cat's eyes glared at the purple-clad warrior before moving to twine around Ella's ankles. The message of the little feline was clearly a brush off, though he kept his gaze focused upon the entity into which his master had transformed.

"That thing is disgusting," Sebastian snapped.

"I'd watch what I called disgusting if I were you, d'Ware," Iryna replied. "One might get confused in this room."

Donatello had the grace to flush with shame.
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:01 am

"That thing... as you put it.. is my brothers guardian for when I cannot come to his aid...." Tumult hissed out, "And RUIN is by far more beautiful then you could ever be...." Sparing the skeleton cat a quick look and a nod. "It is good to finally meet you in flesh..... Ruin..." the boy said with a soft smile, "I promise nothing shall happen to Furor.... together we shall always guard him or my soul is yours to take...." With that he tightened his grip upon the weapon just in case the fool at the other end tried anything funny.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:06 am

"In other words you'd have pried apart something you have no clue how to put back together properly?" the dwarf scoffed and looked like he'd smelled something most unpleasant "What kind of fool are you."
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:14 am

"A great one," Donatello admitted quietly. He met Korin's gaze. "But you must understand--"

"They aren't really people," Ella completed for him.

"You know, I'm getting tired of listening to this tripe," Iryna said with an air of neglect. "Don't you have anything new to say?"

"I really don't see what the big deal is. They're just golems. Yes, they're old and the techniques to make them is lost, but that's all the more reason to tinker with them and discover how they work." All eyes except Korin's (who was pinning Donatello down) looked at Sebastian as if he had grown a second head or was spouting off love sonnets to Iryna. "You are all acting like they are people which they aren't."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:23 am

"Kill him...." Tumult said doing his best to hold back his rage, "You old fool are not even worthy of my brother to carry in his bone bag...." taking a light breath he did his best to calm his rage, "I have watched for years though my brothers eyes, and and seen many a odd thing and by no means is the lady of light some simple golem. She carries more thought then most people I have seen upon the roads I have been down.... I have seen her compassion, and caring heart for my brother... if she is just a construct like you assume then we would all be better off being made like her.... but she is not... she has a heart.... she has a soul... and from what I can see upon the floor about us... from the shattered orbs... you are nothing but a soulless murderer.." he told the man with such venom that he was surprised his words didn't cut the man open right then and there.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:49 am

"Sebastian, you need to redefine what constitutes a 'person'." the dwarf said with an air of pity. "Just chock it up as one more failure of your 'Father' to have raised a bigot."

"As for you, 'Father'," he said with as much disgust as he could muster "You will NOT be tearing her apart. You WILL be showing me a map of the surrounding region. And I WILL be taking Eria to my cousins who built this place to see if they know how to FIX her!"
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next