Player's Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

04 Dark Hunger (Southan Alternative View)

+2
Diamondhide
Fate
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

04 Dark Hunger (Southan Alternative View) Empty 04 Dark Hunger (Southan Alternative View)

Post  Fate Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:42 am

The fortress known as the Mitaji House was different in many ways from the other houses belonging to the Order of Ozain. Perhaps it was their isolation from the rest of Austra or their specialty in the Mental Magics. Like the Central House at Lithia, the Mitaji House was very traditional, perhaps even more so than Lithia was under Mother Doshi. Ozain taught His children the ways of both warrior and healer. Mitaji's focus was on the healing arts, especially of the mind and spirit. Mitaji had many masters, but only a few journeymen. There were no true acolytes.

Another thing that set them apart was the amount of unused space they had. Having so few inhabitants, the fortress was mostly empty. Thus the group following Korin through the darkened corridors near what had to be the bottom of the world remained unobserved from the stoic masters. Eria lit the way with an almost eerie blue glow.

It had been almost a week since their defeat of the demon and so far the attacks seemed to have stopped. Korin had decided it was time for a proper drink and set out to follow the signs.

04 Dark Hunger (Southan Alternative View) Ella

"Are we sure that ale is worth getting lost like this?"

04 Dark Hunger (Southan Alternative View) Iryna

"Of course it is, Moonbeam," Iryna replied without missing a beat. She slung an arm around Ella's shoulders and tugged her close. It was a position very similar to a headlock due to Ella being so much shorter than the gypsy.

Last edited by Fate on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fate
Admin

https://players-haven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

04 Dark Hunger (Southan Alternative View) Empty Re: 04 Dark Hunger (Southan Alternative View)

Post  Diamondhide Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:11 am

The dwarf gave an irritated sigh "We're not lost," he said to his young charge as he continued walking "May as well be walkin' on a map so long as ye know how t' read it."

A few moments later he stopped and studied a wall, said what sounded like it could have been a prayer in dwarven, and a section of the wall in front of the small group glowed dimly faded from view. The smell of aged oak and stale air washed over the assembled group as the light that Eria cast reviled a storeroom containing several large casks, a good two dozen barrels and about twice that many smallish kegs.

"See, I told ye I knew where I was going." he turned and said to the others with a smile
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

04 Dark Hunger (Southan Alternative View) Empty Re: 04 Dark Hunger (Southan Alternative View)

Post  Abby Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:17 am

"Ale and away from all the stares" Abby stated throwing an arm around Ella from the other side. "getting lost is worth doing that and not being lost is almost as worth it" She snarks smiling at the dwarf.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:30 am

As he sees all the barrels lined up along the wall, climbing atop one of them and taking a whiff. "Smells like the good kind..." as he dips one of his tails into the barrel slightly to soak it, he then takes a small flame to it, watching it flare up as it hits the ale, "... and damn good proof too."

As he says that he begins to start drinking from the rim of the barrel. Lifting his head up from the barrel from moment to moment to get a breath of air.

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:34 am

Furor wandered in behind the group, and looked at the barrels about them. "Smells good...." The boy said fishing about in his pouch of bones, and pulled up a rather nice sized skull. Holding the item up to Abby he gave a soft smile. "Can me and kitty have some. I am rather thirsty too... and it smells good."
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuro Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:52 am

=[=]=[=]=[=]=

Kuro sat outside on the wall thinking to himself over everything that has happened...

"Master," he said lightly "why did you always have to ruin the lives of so many people? Why couldn't you have just left it all be? You could still be you and the world a much better place, but you had to--why?"
Master laughed inside Kuro's mind "as if you had to ask. what fun it is to watch then twist in the pain and agony that i put them through. HAHA!"
Kuro stood up and looked into the deep heavens above and said with a stance that screamed repetition "I will fall to you if only for those who already have."

=[=]=[=]=[=]=

Kuro
Kuro

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:03 am

Abby sighs and then laughs at Furor "You may but wouldnt the ale just run though the cat's bones?"

'I'm not sure how I became the caretaker of the other kid but I must do right by him as I would Ella' Abby thinks as she dips a wood mug down into the open barrel getting herself a drink. "ok Who brought the rabits so we can have meat to go with the ale?"
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:34 am

Tipping the barrel that his two comrades had phased through on its side he proceeded to grab a small keg and roll the barrel out of the room, all the while complaining about the inpatients of youth. He quickly returned and started s quick study of the barrels. finding one he want he tipped it over as well and rolled it out as well.

"You all comin?" he asked from the doorway.
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:40 am

Hopping off the barrel in time as Korin tipped it over to move it out the doorway, landing on his feet in the small room, he begins to move around looking at the other barrels.

"Well they all seem to be in good condition and in good taste too..." as he licked up the rest that was on his chin. Watching Korin grab one last barrel tipping it over, and making its way to the doorway, he hopped on the side of the barrel and began walking on it to move it a little faster out the doorway.

"Well im already on the way out... so where we going to."

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:46 am

Furor nodded, and put away his skull cup. "We go!!" he said cheerfully as he took Abby's hand to walk with her. "Oh in night he comes to steal your bones away.... the child of the demons now is here to play. Lock away your children, hide yourself well for once he sees you that shall be your final bell. The reaper comes to play... the end of all you see... he shall snatch your very bones away to make you his forever to play." the boy began to sing merrily as he pulled himself and Abby alone behind Korin.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:49 am

Abby Laughed as she held Furor's hand. "one second" Abby closed her eyes in concentration and four shadows popped up started rolling barrels after the dwarf. "Now we go. Some one did bring the rabits right? Ale basted rabit sounds good after the fish and vegi rations."

Abby activates Animate Shadow
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:57 am

"Wha are ye doin?" he asks Abby in bewilderment "We don' need those! We've got enough fer now." the dwarf scolded "haven ye ever heard of rationing? Put those back!"
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:00 am

Abby Pouted "Just one more?" She asked as 3 of the shadows jumped back to the room with the barrels.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:09 am

"Nay lass" the stout man said sternly "We've enough fer now. These run out we've got no more comin', got it?"

"As fer drinkin', the ones ye put back wouldn' have done any good fer that anyway, salt meats aren't any good fer wettin' yer throat. as fer that last one..." the dwarf made a face "Pickles may keep fer a while but I'm not sure I'd trust 'em this long."
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:12 am

Abby Laughs "That's what I get for not taking those reading lessons seriously." she says as the last shadow jumped back with its barrel and disapating. "Though the jerky might still be good, Might want to try on our next trip down here."
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:16 am

"That's what this barrel is for" he said as he tapped the barrel he'd gone back for "This'll be dinner tomorrow."

"That ol' kitchen goat won' know what hit 'er"
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:22 am

"It's been a good two weeks since I've last caused any major trouble," Iryna commented as she followed the dwarf back out of the cellar. She grinned, mischief written on her face. "I almost missed Master Su Ling... 'cor the last time I was in the forge, he all but forbid me from comin' back. 'Pparently didn't like me making so many daggers..."

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:34 am

Hearing Korin say something about dinner for tomorrow night, Seren phased his head into the barrel while still walking on it so he could see what was in it. Seeing all the food in it, and knowing how everyone was wanting something that was real food, he didn't take any of it.

As he phased his head back out, "Well this will be something to eat, and a good bit better then the soup they served... although still decent, it lacked alot... mainly the good parts."

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:38 am

"I am glad food is rolling along its way... my belly still isnt really full..." he said to Abby, "Papa dwarf... what are we going to do about tonight though... more food tonight or do we have to wait?"
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:48 am

"we've had what passes for food around her for tonight, lad," the dwarf sighed as he sealed the room once again "but ill see we all have a proper meal soon." and with that he was off down the corridor they had come down to get here, rolling the barrels in front of him.
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:44 am

"The Dark is hungry," Ella suddenly annouced. She froze in her steps. Hovering above the pale, and getting paler, girl, Eria stopped moving as well. Iryna stopped when Ella and Eria did, instinctively keeping to the rear of the group. "Count the shadows."

04 Dark Hunger (Southan Alternative View) Eriaglowing

'I sense something as well,' the Jarolyn whispered in Korin's mind. Her light shone for a good twenty feet down the corridor in either direction. The only thing that could be seen within that boundary was the small group of friends. Beyond that illumination, the ten foot wide corridor was cloaked in an almost inky blackness.

"Does it seem colder to anyone else?" The gypsy's words were accompanied by a pair of daggers shifting into her hands. Iryna's dark eyes peered into the darkness beyond Eria's light. "Sumthin' ain't right here. You see anything up there, Korin?"

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:56 am

Furor looked about, and moved back some away from where there might be danger. "I...could send up some skeletons to see if they come back or not..." he offered as he did his best to hide from anything that might be coming their way.

~~~~~~
Furor activates stealth (just to be on the safe side)
4 roll + 34 magic + 0 stealth = 38

Last edited by Furor on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:56 am

The member 'Furor' has done the following action : Rolls

'd20' : 4

Fate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:04 am

Abby's eyes go wide and flinch at the dual statement from Ella and then Iryna . "Ttt the hungry dark?" she questions her voice sturtting as she draws near Ella. Visions of old warning tales her mother used to tell her dancing in her head.

Abby declares Ella her ward.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:21 am

"Nothin' my way,"he called in response as he quickly righted the barrels and rested a hand on one of his blades "'Tho I'm surprised anythin' could get down to here past those ol' dudders."
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:32 am

"I don't think it came past the Order," Iryna said, still staring at something in the darkness behind them. "That map of yours got any clue as to what's down behind us? 'Cuz there's definitely something back there."

Ella grabbed a hold of her sister's arms. Cornflower eyes, wide and frightened, met and held those of the other Rimon. When she spoke, her voice was strangely sharp and cold.

"Hun-gree....musssst feed..."

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:35 am

"Death holds no bar to what we see... death plays not its hand down upon we... I have seen the lives of many leave and go away, but never have I seen the way she acts save for today..." Furor muttered as he stared at Ella, "Could this... darkness or what ever be talking though her... or controlling her?" he asked the people about.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:42 am

Abby's eyes were wide fear trickling in as she heard Furor's question "No, but she could be listening so deep its all she hears. Its just like when she first got out of the cave. That might have been safer though. Iryna the best question might not be whats back there more how long back there has been undistrebed." Abby acctually cluches her sister back barely hiding a slight tremble in her arms.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:54 am

Korin walked up and placed a steady hand on the young blond girls shoulder "What is it lass, whats back there?"
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:21 am

"Little wormssss...mussssst feed...the Light can-not protect you..." Ella's eyes never left her sister's. Abby could see the struggle going on inside Ella. But still she continued to speak in that cold tone. Her fingers against Abby's skin were cold as well. "It will end...."

"Um, guys, something is moving out there...and whatever it is is making the temperature drop like a rock." Iryna didn't move from her guard post. She did shift one of the knives in her hands into position to be thrown, however.

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:34 am

Watching as everyone started to gather around Ella, hearing the strange voice that was coming from her. "What should we do now, in this narrow of a corridor, its not the best place to maneuver if something is coming. "

Jumping from the barrel he was moving along on, he began to hop from shoulder to shoulder making his way to Abby's. Fanning his tails out little by little they started to get the illumination of being on fire. "If we need light i can help with that, for the cold not so much..."

As he started to fan out the tails, from the flames jumped out two other figures like Seren, standing near Korin and Ella they began to illuminate with the fires they produced.
~~~~~~~~
Seren Activates animate shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:46 am

"Help me," whispered Ella desperately in her normal voice. It was only an instant of freedom, but perhaps enough.

=[=]=

04 Dark Hunger (Southan Alternative View) Master

Master chuckled from within Kuro's mind, interrupting his mediations of the former overlord's behavior. The chuckle was laced with sadistic glee.

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuro Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:51 am

kuro sighs "and what has you so happy"
Kuro
Kuro

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:54 am

04 Dark Hunger (Southan Alternative View) Master

'It appears that your little friends--especially that nosy brat--have gotten into a little bit of trouble on their little excurison.' Master laughed again.

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuro Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:16 am

kuro jumped down and started to talk to korin "i get the feeling that you need some help how do i get to you?"
Kuro
Kuro

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:25 am

'I suppose we could use some help feather head' the dwarf thought in response to the mental missive and did his best to think of the way they had come down to where they were now.

"Kuro's on his way" the dwarf said quietly.
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuro Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:30 am

kuro starts useing shadow jump around every corner he can running to help his friends telepathicaly thinkging to everyone "i know you can't respone well but i need you to start moveing away from whatever it is i know it is a threat no matter what it is"
Kuro
Kuro

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:53 am

"I think I've heard of this the hungry dark chill and shadow, they are shadows weapon agianst themselves and in darkness they feast. Whatever you do don't use any shadow powers around them." Abby stares at Seren "Drop the copys they can be possesed by what I fear these may be fire and water are our hope. Whatever you do don't try to jump shadow they can either redirect or hitch a ride on a shadowjump according to legend. We Just need to get away from them but keep facing where they are coming from." Abby slowly allows fire to play along her fingers of the one hand not gripping Ella the fire acctually highlighting the tremors of Abby's hand.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:07 am

Hearing about the things everyone seemed afraid of, being able to possess his shadows, at Abby's notice he dropped the two shadow forms. "Well if we are needing to get out of here, but still look at the way they are coming, how do we know which way to get out of here."

As he began to wander around the shoulders of Abby and Ella, the flames on his tail tips grew brighter as two flames erupted between his tails. "So if the best thing is fire guess i might be a little handier with these."

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:14 am

"Leave if ye want, I'm not about to give up this position with out a fight." he said as he drew his swords "We've got the advantage here."
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:51 am

"I can set up a cluster of skeletons between us and it... that might buy us some time while they deal with my friends so we can back away..." The boy offered as he moved towards the center of the group so he could watch out for danger about them.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:20 am

"Mussssst feed....smellsssss....flessssh..."

Ella stepped backwards, pressing against the smooth stone blocks of the wall. Her icy hands never left Abby's arms and ended up forcing the frightened girl to take a few steps forward. The small psychic's cornflower eyes were darkening to a cobalt and beyond to a navy. Perhaps it was only Eria's light reflecting off it, but the copper talisman around her neck began to glint.

04 Dark Hunger (Southan Alternative View) Eriaglowing

'Shadows! It must be the shadows!' The little orb went up until she almost hit the low ceiling of the corridor. The pale bluish light that she shed grew lighter, more of a pure white than a blue. The shadowfolk among the group could feel their skin tightening against it, but it was not the harsh aura that she had used against the demoness a week ago. An agressive hum began to fill the hall, too low to be truly heard, but felt deep within the bones and soul. Korin could feel Eria's agitation. The legends about her always mentioned an ability to destroy darkness in all its forms--perhaps it was a need as well?

"I agree with Korin: they're bottlenecked here and if we retreat any further, we'd be leading them straight to the masters," the gypsy said with a no nonsense tone. Her face was hard. Legends told about shadows and the destructions they caused in their mindless need to feed. But darkness fed darkness... could they risk filling the battlefield with more of it? "Korin? What do you think?"

What the dwarf had to say she might not find out for at that very moment a loud hissing sound came from the darkness beyond Eria's light and Ella began to laugh hysterically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rolls: 16, 1, 20, 6.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ella rolls Swiftness.
16 Roll +2 Swiftness +6 Adrenaline = 24
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eria rolls Swiftness.
1 Roll +4 Swiftness = 5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Iryna rolls Swiftness.
20 Roll +2 Swiftness = 22
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shadows roll Swiftness.
6 Roll +6 Swiftness +8 Godspeed = 20
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Weaver on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:20 am

The member 'Weaver' has done the following action : Rolls

'd20' : 16, 1, 20, 6

Fate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:26 am

Abby stumbled a step forward at Ella's tug. "Ok we h..h...hold them here." Abby stuttered gathering herself slowly. "Furor, Ella if you get the chance go and tell the Masters We're facing Shadows down here."

Abby Declares Ella her ward

Abby rolls Swiftness.
16 + 2 Swiftness =18

Last edited by Abby on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:26 am

The member 'Abby' has done the following action : Rolls

'd20' : 16

Fate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:43 am

Watching as the rest mustered up the will to stand their ground to fend off the shadows from advancing any further, 'Well ive not faced off against a shadow person before.'

"So i guess ill be helpin out with this plan too, lets hold em off as long as we can."

~~~~~~~~~~~
Swiftness Check

2 Swiftness + 1 Precognition + 2 Roll = 5

Last edited by Seren on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:43 am

The member 'Seren' has done the following action : Rolls

'd20' : 2

Fate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:53 am

"I am glad that I know a few fire tricks...." Furor said as he peered towards the darkness. A wicked smile crossed his face as he stared out towards the coming threat, "Shall we play... shall we play with the shadows on this day.. darkness falls but we have many to light our way.." the boy uttered the sing song phrase with a soft a laugh at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

18 roll + 2 swiftness + 11 godspeed = 31

Last edited by Furor on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Fate Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:53 am

The member 'Furor' has done the following action : Rolls

'd20' : 18

Fate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuro Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:02 am

kuro rounded the last courner and said alittle winded "what... are... we up aginst?"

Kuro rolls Swiftness.
19 Roll +6 Swiftness +8 Godspeed = 33

Last edited by Kuro on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Kuro
Kuro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next