Player's Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View)

+2
Furor
Weaver
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View) Empty 05 Shades of Light (Alternative View)

Post  Weaver Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:01 pm

When the group reached the area of the keep that was under heavy use by the Order, there was still no sign of anything being different. There was a nagging feeling at the back of their minds that something was, but no one could really pinpoint it. What was it that made the light streaming through the windows seem brighter? Was it merely the effect of being so far down beneath the earth and rising again or their encounter with the Hungry Shadows? As they passed the mediation rooms, they could see the masters practicing their quiet katas, movements that they would not use to combat the goblins that had laid siege about a week ago and for months before that.

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View) Ella

"Bells toll," Ella announced seconds before the belfry began to announce the hour. Four peals echoed throughout the keep. As if on cue, the smell of freshly baked bread wafted down the main hallway, reminding all of the impending meal. Even without fixing the meat that they were bringing up with them from the sublevels, the stew should be not be on the menu. Father Donatello had begun sending out groups for fresh fish and herbs that did not grow in the well-kept gardens and farmland just yesterday. Something that one's teeth could sink into was greatly appreciated. Stew was nice and all, but one should not have to survive on it for as long as the siege had forced them to do.

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View) Iryna

"Excuse, Master Su Ling?" Iryna called as she spotted the honey-skinned man hurrying down the hall. The elf stopped and examined them with dark eyes. If he noticed anything different about them, he didn't show it. "Where would Father Donatello be?"

"He should be in the meditation garden," he replied calmly. Then he hurried off in the direction of the forge. Iryna watched him go with a perplexed look on her face.

"Something smells," she commented quietly. "Are we the only ones who notice anything?"

Last edited by Weaver on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View) Empty Re: 05 Shades of Light (Alternative View)

Post  Furor Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:21 pm

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View) Furor

Furor shifted about a little, and looked at Iryna. "It is brighter... my eyes don't like this... can't it be darker again..." the boy said rubbing his eyes some. "I like the dark better... feels... safer..." the boy muttered now pushing closer to Iryna as if trying to hide from the light. "Feels off... here... last time... death felt stronger here..." he muttered, "Seems different from the place I was staying in...I.. just cant figure out why." he told his friends.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View) Empty Re: 05 Shades of Light (Alternative View)

Post  Abby Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:25 pm

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View) AbigailAbby

Abby shrugged at Furor's statement “It does seem brighter but that could be because the fact that we were in the mines and tunnels so long.” The slight clinking of armor from Abby echoing slightly down the hall.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:50 pm

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View) Dimondhide_Full

The dwarf's eyes adjusted quickly to the light of the sun once again. "Meditation gardens eh?" he said looking around for the signs that would lead to the inner training grounds. "These people misconstrue everything," he grumbled under his breath as he found what he was looking for and headed in that direction.
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:04 am

Furor moved quickly to follow the dwarf, and asked him, "What did they mess up on..." the boy said as he notice the looks he was was getting from the people he passed. Some seemed to shy away from him while he noticed a few seemed wanted to strike out at him, and a few pulled their garments closer to their flesh as if the very sight of him chilled there bones. "I don't think these people like me papa dwarf..."
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:17 am

"Jus' more o' the same, lad." he groused as they walked, shaking his head slightly 'these certainly aren't the people that my kin built this place for.'
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:40 am

Ella did a little twirl as she danced down the hall after the dwarf and the boy. Her dancer grace was on display. As she moved, she sang a soft tune that Abby recognized as one of their Aunt Ricki's favorites. Ella certainly seemed happier than she had all week. She had the biggest smile on her face that Abby had seen since before the cave-in.

Iryna followed more leisure, but stopped the dwarf when he made as if to go past the doorway leading into the mediation garden.

"Hold on, Korin," she said jovially, "Ya missed ya turn."

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:43 am

Abby chuckled at the sight of her sister ounce again happy and dancing. Started to hum along with the tune.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:49 am

"People love them... people fear me...." the boy muttered softly to himself, "I got you at least brother..." the boy said to his brother within, "You will always love me right.... I don't scare you do I?" he asked his voice still soft though he couldn't help but draw his own clothing tightly towards himself feeling like he should just run and hide somewhere or maybe he should call upon his skeletons as they always seemed to care for him, "Will they begin to hate me... fear me... loathe me.. too..." he pondered.

Tumult shook his head from within, and told his brother 'Nothing could ever make me hate you... I love you more then my own life... more then any one being could ever under stand......' the voice within his mind making him feel a bit more comfortable. 'You will never be rid of me brother... I promise we shall always be together...'

Furor hearing something about a missed turn stopped in his tracks and look over towards the others.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:01 am

Irina's comment snapped him out of is revere, as he stopped and turned his heel. "sorry bout tha', lost in thought I guess," he said distantly.
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:26 am

The garden was even brighter than the hallways intramural the keep. Plant life was abundant and often spilled over the edging of the paths. They found the Father sitting beside by the second fountain gazing into the still water. The fountain was not running as it normally did and as the other one they passed had been. Father Donatello did not turn towards them as they entered the small plaza that housed the fountain. He did raise his hand to silence any comment that they might have made before speaking again.

"And what of your children? Will you attempt to call them back?"

"I will send for Misami," came a feminine voice out of the pool. The words belied a strength that could only be earned through time and experience. It was clearly the voice of a seasoned leader. Korin could feel his back straighten even though the voice did not address him. Ella merely grinned even bigger and pointed at the fountain excitedly between tugging on her sister's arm. "Her mission in Pathos is not as important as this. I have already sent messengers to the other Houses. Sera has not answered my Call...as I expected. What of your children?"

"We have been House-bound for a while now," Donatello replied. His brow furrowed in concentration. "We've been under siege, Doshi. No one in and no one out. Too dangerous."

"Xander sent two of his children your way. Did they make it yet?"

"We're here," Ella announced happily as she skipped over to the fountain. She peered at the still water. "All safe."

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:32 am

"Mother Doshi please tell father we made it safe." Abby said politely. She then nodded to Father Donatello before stepping back to the rest of group smiling still at Ella's brighter nature.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:47 am

'So this is Doshi, eh?' he thought as he approached the fountain to peer over the rim, 'She certainly sounds to a more capable leader than Donatello.'
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:52 am

Furor stayed back near the back of the group. He just couldn't help but feel more like an outcast then ever. Usually he could hide his feelings, and wander off to another town... another grave... another set of friends yet to be dug up. But here he was truly out of his element, in the dark fighting the creatures that came for him he was useful, when they needed more hands... he could be useful, but what use was he here he couldn't help but wonder as he watched his group of friends. This group before him his only real and true tether that could keep him in one place, the only thing that ever inspired him to stay amongst the living.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:11 am

"I will let your father know, child," Doshi said kindly. Donatello looked strained. Doshi seemed to understand. "Okay, Donatello, I will let you get back to your business. Keep me appraised of things next time. Walk with Ozain, my Brother."

"Walk with Ozain," Donatello replied. As if his words were the cue, water began to pour out the maiden's urn once more and splashed into the pool, causing the water to popple within the fountain's confines. Donatello sighed as if releasing a heavy burden and turned to face the group. "Now then, you needed me for something?"

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:16 am

"Eria," he said flatly as he pulled the crystal orb from one of the many pouches on his belt "She's gone dormant and we we're wondering if you may know what could have happened."
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:21 am

"Also Father, Kuro and Seren went missing and you had more than a dozen shadow down in the tunnels bellow here and while we were fighiting the shadows it seems almost like the earth shifted beneath us." Abby babbles out at high speed.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:34 am

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View) FatherDonatello

"What is this? Earth shifting? Kuro and Seren missing?" Donatello looked as confused as Iryna felt after the whole tilt episode downstairs. He looked from each of their faces before reaching out for the clear orb. "She appears as the other Jarolyn that I've seen. Has she flickered at all?"

"When Korin picked her up," Iryna confirmed, noticing how the smile began to fade from Ella's face as the girl's eyes focused on the Father's outstretched hand. Suddenly, the tiny psychic shifted her stance and with a move that the gypsy barely followed was between Donatello and Korin. "Ella?"

"Malformed darkness," Ella declared. She sounded lost. Her cornflower eyes flickered from Donatello to Korin and back to Donatello. "Bright. It's too bright in the darkness. Things hide in the light."

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:37 am

Furor moved over to Ella, and placed a hand upon her arm. "Darkness or Light.... things that should never be shall always find a place in this land to hide you see, but we shall always keep them at bay with you beside me..." The boy said to her in his best way of offering comfort. "Just remember kitty... and all things will be better."
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:48 am

as the Father reached for the orb in his hand his grip tightened on the Jarolin, "Others?" his tone turning to ice "Where are these 'others'? And why is it that you're just now mentioning them?"
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:53 am

Ella's tone and words sent a shiver down Abby's spine and she walked closer to Ella and Furor. In her experience that tone always meant trouble to come.

=================================================
Abby Declares Ella ward
=================================================
Abby Declares Furor ward
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:21 pm

"I haven't mentioned them before? I had assumed that you knew," the reverend father said smoothly. He gave them a good-natured smile. "Mitaji acts as a reservoir for relics of lore. I've seen many Jarolyns in a vast variety of fashions over my years of service here. Your 'Eria' is the first I have ever seen functioning."

"How come I'm just now hearin' this?" Iryna asked watching the byplay between the little moonbit, the good priest, and the dwarf. Sensing the tension, the gypsy gently tugged on Furor's arm to pull the lad out of the way should that tension boil over.

"Reservoir: a place where anything is collected or accumulated in great amount," Ella translated, still standing firm in between Korin and Donatello as if she hadn't heard Furor's reassurance nor felt his hand upon her arm. "Where would you hide such a number?"

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Furor looked up to Iryna as he moved closer to her, "Should I call my friends...?" he asked of her, as he began to feel the very air thicken with tension. "I can have my skeletons here if you need them."
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Iryna shook her head minutely and held one finger to her lips in the universal sign of "shush".
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Abby's eyes went down to Ella hearing the quite but dangerous tone and slowly adjustered her stance sideways to Ella to look at both the Father and the door.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:51 pm

"The bones ain't needed or wanted right now lad," the dwarf said sternly with out taking his eyes off the priest, "but it seems this place has a knack fer mysteries and now its time to uncover another." he stated staring down the 'father' in a way that would make most men quake.

"Where are the others, and what else do you have spirited away here."
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:00 am

"I'm afraid that I cannot tell you that, good dwarf. Vows, you understand," Father Donatello said placatingly. A brief look of annoyance crossed his face as he reach out a hand as if he expected to be passed the dormant orb once more. It was only there for a moment before the wise old man look was there again. "Now, let's have a look, shall we?"

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:05 am

Pulling on Iryna the boy whispered softly so only she could hear. "If you need knowledge he has... I can always try to get it from him if you need me too..." the boy told her very quietly so the father would not hear them. "I have tricks..."
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:18 am

"No Donatello, I don't understand, and I don't think " ever will." he said flatly and held out the dormant 'Star' with a look of pity. "But if you can tell me whats wrong with her, then so much the better."
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:49 am

"I'll need to take her to my office," the Order leader said as he took the clear orb. He stepped back as a growl came from Ella, almost animalistic in its rage. His dark eyes focused on the pale girl. "Is something wrong, my dear?"

"Having life is not limited to creatures," Ella snapped out. Her blue eyes had a glow to them that they lacked a moment before, a glow that was very similar to Eria's aura. Donatello froze under her gaze. "You should not harm her in an attempt to 'save' her."

"I don't think that will be necessary, kiddo," Iryna whispered back though her eyes did not move from the trio not ten feet away from where the young necromancer and Iryna were standing.

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:52 am

Abby's whole body tensed at the tone and the glow in her sister's eyes. "I think Father you should leave her here and fetch the tools you need. It would ease our minds." Abby said while judging Ell's intent.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:57 am

Furor watched all this occur and gave a soft sigh, 'This is a bit dull isn't it...' Tumult said, 'A bit... but we need to save the moon girl... ' Furor told him, 'It wouldn't be right to abandon her...' Tumult gave a soft laugh, 'always thinking of everyone else.....' his brother said with a grin. Furor gave a short nod, and then gave a soft yawn, for some reason he was feeling a little tired.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:07 am

"Little one," he said calmly as his hand was laid on her back, causing her to turn and face the dwarven warriors knowing look "if he needs tools, then he needs tools and should be allowed to fetch them, righ'?"
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:25 am

"But he--" Her cornflower eyes grew comically wide as she bit off her words. She stared at the dwarven warrior before stepping back away from the Father. He looked relieved for the scrutiny to be focused on someone else. The faint glow ebbed away like water trickling down a window after a rain. "Oh, alright. Fine."

She stomped the few feet to her sister and stood with her arms crossed.

"Well, that was exciting," Donatello announced with all to joviality of an old man expecting his grandchild to visit. "I'll just take my leave, then. It might take some time to come up with a theory about why the Jarolyn is no longer functioning, but I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this. If any of you see Sebastian, could you tell him to meet me in my office? Good. Good."

And with that he exited the garden in the opposite direction that they had come in from.

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:28 am

Abby hugged Ella close "why dont you trust him with her Ella? what did you see?" Abby asked as the Father walked away. Abby was glad for once the tone and most especialy the eyes did not result in a fight.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:31 am

"He's a bad man," Ella said childishly. Her lips were pursed almost into a pout.
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:34 am

Furor moved closer to Ella "How is he bad?" he asked of her, "Did he hurt you...do I need to hurt him?" Furor asked feeling rather defensive towards the girl. The boy looked towards the way the father had left. "Maybe we should follow him... make sure he does not hurt the moon girl..."
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondhide Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:43 am

"If ye be thinkin' I did na' already think a that lad," the dwarf's voice was tinged with the sound of grinding stone as he started melding into the ground "then ye best catch up."

as he was subsumed into the earth, his voice sounded from around them "I'll follow the priest, you all find the ass. He may prove to be useful finally."
Diamondhide
Diamondhide

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:50 am

Abby rolled her eyes at Furror "anyone trying to hurt Ella would be in a bad place between me, Korrin and Iryna let alone Ella herself the walls would drip." Still hugging Ella she turned for the door. "so off to find the ass the most arrogant ass of them all" she sang softly paraphrasing something her da once taught her.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:54 am

Furor laughed as he followed closely beside the girl. "Your song is almost as good as mine..." the boy said as he began to join her in the singing even skipping along the way now. All the while tumult couldn't help himself and was laughing up a storm from within his brothers mind.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 13, 2012 11:39 pm

"Let's find the berk," Iryna declared as she led the way back through the weaving halls. Ella nodded her acquiescence and followed. "Maybe we'll get lucky and be able to kill him a few times before we deliver him to the good Father."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Sun May 13, 2012 11:46 pm

"so Iryna where do you thinkthe bellows is?" Abby asked walking down the hall towards one of the common areas. "Or should we just look for the warmest place. all he seems good for is hot air after all" Abby smiled trying to bring levity to the group agian. as they sought out Sebastian.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon May 14, 2012 12:01 am

"I could send skeletons to look for him..." furor offered. Staying close to the pair be kept his eyes out for the pain in the grave. "they scare him and drag him to us.." the very thought of this happening. Made the boy laugh.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon May 14, 2012 12:25 am

"As amusing as that thought is," Iryna said after a moment of seriously considering it, "I think Father Donny might have issue with it."

The entry way they found themselves in was deserted as well. Ella pointed towards the exit towards the front courtyard. The gypsy rolled her dark eyes but obeyed the direction change. The double doors were wide open and they heard the prat long before they saw him. He was holding court amongst the younger masters, all of whom Iryna knew did not like her or approve of Kuro staying at the Order House.

05 Shades of Light (Alternative View) Sebastian

"...And now she's got allies from outsiders," Sebastian was saying when they came out into the sunny yard. "Mark my words, she'll try to take over the keep soon by force. I don't see why Father doesn't see it. I think he is blinded by his faith in people. I certainly don't have that problem."

"You tread a thin line, D'Ware," Iryna interrupted from behind the journeyman. "Father Donatello is your master. I don't fully understand the Order, but I do know how apprenticeship works. What do you think that Father would do to you if he heard you speaking thus?"

Sebastian swirled around to face the group coming out the doors. He glared coldly at them. The look of fear flashed across his face as Iryna's words struck home. Then it was gone and he puffed up with pride and arrogance once more.

"My place in the Order is guaranteed by birthright," he announced. A sneer was firmly in place as he spoke his next words. "I know my place. Perhaps you should learn yours, gypsy."

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon May 14, 2012 12:29 am

"hmm that doesn't sound like the order I know does that sound like Auntie to you Ella?" Abby smiled remembering speaking to Aunt Doshi not long ago. "Anyway, Sebastion Father Donatello is wanting you in his private study."
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Furor Mon May 14, 2012 12:38 am

Furor smiled wide at the man, "if you need help getting there I have friends whom would give it." he offered. The very air about furor seemed to drop further as he watched the other closely wondering if the man would try to do something stupid.
Furor
Furor

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon May 14, 2012 12:45 am

"And what would a kid like you know about the Order?" Sebastian demanded. Then looked affronted when Ella snickered at him. She turned towards her sister, her cornflower eyes twinkling with mirth.

"You tell him," the small psychic declared before giggling like she really was crazy.

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon May 14, 2012 12:48 am

"Quite a bit acctually Aunt Doshi used to come for meals until Dani joined the order for training, Papa Xander siad it would do her good, But that was the Lithia order house is it diffrent here?" Abby asked innocently.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon May 14, 2012 1:13 am

"Oh, right, like you really call the Great Mother Doshi 'Aunt'," Sebastian scoffed as he blew off her statement with a wave of his hand. "I highly doubt that you're really related to Alexander Rimon as well. You can't expect anyone to believe that."

"Fool," Ella commented in between giggles. Then she grew serious. A sneer to match his blossomed on her face, twisting her features unpleasantly. She used clipped tones to match his arrogant declarations. "Doshi Rhojel, mother of Ahmie, master of Misami, Danielle Rimon, and Rajani Eiman, Mother of the Order of Ozain at the Lithia House, Ozain's Chosen amongst the Blessed. Her favorite color is blue and her favorite food is Aunt Theresa's zucchini and mushroom kabobs. As for Daddy, I have sixteen siblings--not just the few known publicly. Never doubt what we say, Sebastian D'Ware of Pheona."

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abby Mon May 14, 2012 1:21 am

Abby Bursts out laughing "Alexander lords of light. That may be fathers given name but anyone who knew more than the name of Rimon knows he goes by Xander owner of Stars passage, Head of clan one gen, keeper of the soil, gaurdian of the horde, etecra. I am Abagail Rimon 6th of the Rimon line Including my fallen brother, May he rest in the trees of his ancestors. So tell me D'Ware of Pheona, Must I go on about my and my sisters Liniage or should I demand proof of yours first." Abby said putting on the full Honors that were taught when the family hosted Coutiers instead of friendly diplomats.
Abby
Abby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next