Player's Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) Empty 2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan)

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 5:18 am

As the small group weaved their way towards the center of the metropolis, the winds picked up to an audible howl. The hot, heavy atmosphere was quickly becoming cool as the storm made its way closer to the city. The crowds that sporadically filled the main streets were not as bad as Shiki had anticipated. Most of the people walking on the streets were carrying boards. The group saw people working on some of the buildings that they passed, putting up similar boards. Other buildings had heavy metal shutters that were closed over their windows.

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) Misami

"We're close...see those trees over there? That would be the Order's garden," Misami said, pointing at a few trees poking their uppermost branches over the buildings surrounding them. From the distance, they were only a couple blocks away, if that much. The nekomimi healer looked down the street one way...then the other. There didn't seem to be a direct route to the trees that marked the Order house. "Um...I don't see a way through...wait a second...there's an alley way over there! Maybe it will lead us through."

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) PathosSideStreet

The alley was dark and deserted, but went all the way through to the street on the other side of the row of buildings. Almost right in front of them was a wrought-iron fence surrounding an open yard behind what seemed to be a rather large, if simple, house. A group of children played a seemingly complicated game involving a ball in the yard while adults could be seen going from window to window closing shutters. There didn't seem to be a gate through the fence. Thunder sounded again in the distance.
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) Empty Re: 2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan)

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 5:26 am

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) ChrissWolfDemon

Looking around as Misami was pointing over to the trees barely visible in the sky behind the buildings,

"Well I would guess that would be working to get over to the Orders garden... Through the alleyway would be quickest, which is probably in our best interest with the threat of the incoming storm looming near."

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) Yama150x200

"I would agree SSSShiki, that would be the besssst courssse of action." Yama then turns the direction of the storm, tounge flicking out of his mouth, "Besssides, that ssstorm isss moving fassst."

Misami studied the problem a hand while Miki watched the kids playing in the yard. Miki wrapped her hands around the bars of the fence as if preparing for someone to snatch her away. The fence ran almost up to the walls of the two temples on either side of the Order house. The little walkways left by the open space were both little more than glorified rain gutters. Both had a wall in the middle of them, even with the walls of the Order house. Misami followed the gutter to the left of the yard, the one closest to the temple covered in wind motifs and mosaics in patterns of red, purple, and brown. The wall was well over her head, but she thought that it wouldn't be taller than Shiki. She leaned with her back against the wall, looking back at the street, thinking.

"Well, I don't know how to get to the front...my Order house isn't nearly so hard to get into..."

CRASH!

Just then there was a loud crash from down the street. People began screaming and running in the opposite direction. Even Miki screamed and darted into the walkway that Misami was in, huddling near the wall. Misami passed her as she ran back to the street to see what was going on. A few adults from the Order house started ushering the children into the fortified building even as a few others rushed directly into the building.

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) Grod300x400

A giant robot wielding an equally sized hammer and blade was randomly hitting buildings as he worked his way down the street. He smashed a fire hydrant with his hammer, causing it to fountain a geyser of water into the air. He winced away from the water and continued on his rampage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
G.R.o.D rolls Swiftness.
6 +4 Swiftness +4 Speed Demon = 8 + 6 = 14
~~Autocombines with Animate Shadow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Misami rolls Swiftness.
1 + 2 Swiftness = 2 + 1 = 3Hearing the commotion happening outside the alleyways and watching as miki rushes past them in a terrified state, 'Ah hell... seems this is not a lucky day...'

As he hears the clanging of something hitting against a hydrant and the explosion of water happening Shiki prepares for whatever made the noise to calm back before he took a look through the shadows of the buildings trying the best to remain in the shadows as he could and analyze the event.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shiki Rolls Swiftness
4 Swiftness + 7 God Speed ( +2 Deadly Shadows, silence/stealth success) + 11 Roll = 22 (24)

Shiki Rolls Stealth
22 Magic + 3 Roll = 25

Shiki Rolls Silence
22 Magic + 11 Roll = 33
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Yama hears the destruction, he turns and follows right behind Misami, and sees the cause of the destruction. Yama thinks to himself, 'Well, thisssss ssshould be interessssting.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Yama rolls Swiftness check ; result = 14
~ 14 +7 God Speed + 2 Swiftness = 23 Total
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The large robot continued smashing his way closer to the Order house and the small group gathered by its back yard. Unobserved on a rooftop nearby, a dark figure watched the progress with glee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
G.R.o.D resists Silence.
13 + 14 Resistance = 14 + 13 = 27 (must beat 33--FAILED!)

G.R.o.D resists Stealth.
5 + 14 Resistance = 14 + 5 = 19 (must beat 25--FAILED!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Someone rolls Swiftness.
19 +2 Swiftness = 2 + 19 = 21

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Combat Order:

Shiki (24)
Yama (23)
Stranger (21)
G.R.o.D (14)
Misami (3)
Miki (n/a)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watching as the giant robot came rumbling through the town, Shiki watched from the shadows seeming unnoticed by the machine, advantageous it was...

As the robot took steps forward Shiki shadow jumped behind the machine with his glowing fists and attacked the joints and central body of the machine in such succession many didn't see until he faded back into the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shiki Attacks with Claws #1
14 attack + 6 Claws + 2 Deadly Shadows + 4 Silence + 4 Fighter + 4 Ninja + 4 Spell Sword + 4 Enhance Weapons + 10 Roll = 52

Combines with Eldritch Attack
22 Magic + 4 Eldritch + 4 Spell Sword + 15 Roll = 45

~

Shiki Attacks with Claws #2
14 attack + 6 Claws + 2 Deadly Shadows + 4 Silence + 4 Fighter + 4 Ninja + 4 Spell Sword + 4 Enhance Weapons + 19 Roll = 61

22 Magic + 4 Eldritch + 4 Spell Sword + 17 Roll = 47

~

Shiki Attacks with Claws #3
14 attack + 6 Claws + 2 Deadly Shadows + 4 Silence + 4 Fighter + 4 Ninja + 4 Spell Sword + 4 Enhance Weapons + 8 Roll = 50

22 Magic + 4 Eldritch + 4 Spell Sword + 4 Roll = 34

~

Shiki Attacks with Claws #4
14 attack + 6 Claws + 2 Deadly Shadows + 4 Silence + 4 Fighter + 4 Ninja + 4 Spell Sword + 4 Enhance Weapons + 15 Roll = 57

22 Magic + 4 Eldritch + 4 Spell Sword + 11 Roll = 41

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeing Shiki's attack, Yama wastes no time in attacking the back of the robot's legs with his claws.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yama attacks G.R.o.D with Claw 1
~ Attack check result = 10
~ ~ 10 + Attack 10 + Claws 6 + 4 Fighter Path + 4 Spell Sword +4 Enhance Weapons -1 Hide Armor = 37 total
~ ~ ~Combines with Poison Attack
~ ~ ~ ~ Magic check result = 3
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 3 + 22 Magic +4 Sadist +4 Spell Sword +4 Blast Mage -1 Hide Armor = 36 total (Make Resistance Check, or lose 2 HP per Round)

Yama attacks G.R.o.D with Claw 2
~ Attack check result = 15
~ ~ 15 + Attack 10 + Claws 6 + 4 Fighter Path + 4 Spell Sword + 4 Enhance Weapons -1 Hide Armor = 42 total
~ ~ ~ ~ Magic check result = 3
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 3 + 22 Magic +4 Sadist +4 Spell Sword +4 Blast Mage -1 Hide Armor =36 total (Make Resistance Check, or lose 2 HP per Round)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The robot went down almost immediately under the assault of the wolf demon and the Nyoka. There was a shower of sparks as it went down, its electrical circuits frying. Silence began to fall over the scene.

Then a creepy laugh drifted over the empty street.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
G.R.o.D activates Rage.

G.R.o.D defends against Claw 1.
16 +8 Defense +6 Heavy Armor +4 Fighter +1 Toughen Armor -2 Rage +4 Savage -6 Large Size = 15 + 16 = 31 (must beat 52 - 31 = 21/2 = 10 ) [damage/2 via Etherealness] [-10 hp] [14/24]

G.R.o.D resists against Eldritch Attack.
~Immuned

G.R.o.D defends against Claw 2.
9 +8 Defense +6 Heavy Armor +4 Fighter +1 Toughen Armor -2 Rage +4 Savage -6 Large Size = 15 + 9 = 24 (must beat 61 -24 = 37/2 = 18) [damage/2 via Etherealness] [-18] [-4/24]

G.R.o.D resists against Eldritch Attack.
~Immuned

G.R.o.D defends against Claw 3.
18 +8 Defense +6 Heavy Armor +4 Fighter +1 Toughen Armor -2 Rage +4 Savage -6 Large Size = 15 + 18 = 33 (must beat 50 - 33 = 17/2 = 8) [damage/2 via Etherealness] [-8] [-12/24]

DEAD!
~~~~~~~~~~
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) Empty Re: 2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan)

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 5:43 am

Fading back into the shadows near Misami, as she was still focused on the robot as it was falling down to pieces, he approached her placing his arm around her,

"Well that will not be able to come any closer to here..." as the robot finished falling to the ground and hearing the laughter in the air but not knowing where it was coming from, Shiki's ears perked up trying to locate where it could have come from but the buildings echoing it off each other made it near impossible to locate.

"... Well to the topic at hand, I guess we should try to resume our way back into the Order’s Garden, we need to make it somewhere safe to hold out for the storm."

'Something about that laughter didn't seem right... it’s like someone was watching that robot... probably someone like who had actually made it and let it roam here... but who?'

As the robot falls into a hunk of scrap, Yama hears the laughter and his tongue begins to dart from his mouth, he thinks to himself, 'Odd, it'sss the sssame sssmell from the bar.' Yama then looks to the rooftops, knowing that someone is near, Yama says to Shiki, "I don't think we are alone."

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) Rajani

The figure that had been crouching on a rooftop stood up, revealing herself in the disappearing light. She laughed again, a sound akin to pure madness. She was a well-dressed kitsunemimi of incredible beauty. Her midnight hair was pulled loosely back. Even from the distance separating them, her black eyes gleamed with insanity. Her full lips twisted into a cute pout. The tone of her next words was mildly petulant as if she was a child who had been denied a treat.

"Aw...you broke my toy..."

Misami lurched out of Shiki's arms, closer to the woman on the rooftop. Her tail swished behind with her anger. Her eyes focused with murderous intent on the kitsunemimi. Even Yama recognized that the little healer was incensed.

"Oathbreaker," Misami hissed loudly. Suddenly her posture changed as she looked at the woman, relaxing slightly. Then she called out to the woman again. "Rajani!"

The kitsunemimi on the rooftop gave another laugh and leaned forward. Her pout changed to twisted version of a smile.

"Still holding to out-dated ideals of a dying Order, I see," she replied generously. "Besides--they betrayed me first, my dearest sister."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rajani resurrects G.R.o.D. using Telekinesis. [1/2 turns]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As he looks at that Rajani is getting on Misami's nerves and practically trying to get her to fight. He looks to her toy and sees that it was laying on the ground dismantled that she had said he broke.

'Well I guess I should remove it from her view since she doesn't like seeing her broken toys...'

Vanishing into the shadows he appears next to the robot and places his hand on the robots leg joints, "Misami... I’ll be back in a couple..." and with that he vanishes with the robot in tow.

After a few moments Shiki appeared back where the robot had once been, "Well I have made it where you don't have to see your toy broken anymore."

~~~~~~
Shiki uses shadow jump with Robot:
Destination: Scrapyard then back to Group
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Yama sees the owner of the robot appear, and Shiki making the robot disappear, and Misami's reaction to her, Yama just pops his hands and says to Misami, "SSSister? Actual blood-relative, or Order member?"

The kitsunemimi growled at the wolf demon's cheek as his actions broke her concentration. Her eyes narrowed into slits as her left hand twitched almost instinctively towards the bag at her waist. Sparks literally began to dance through her barely tamed mane of hair. Her attention, so recently focused on Misami, was now focused almost entirely on Shiki. The others shifted to the sides of her unstable mind.

"How dare you take what's mine! I will make you pay!"

She pointed a single finger of her right hand at Shiki as if accusing him of something. A shot of green flames launched from her fingertip and sped towards the offending wolf demon. Seeing her childhood friend and ex-Order sister about to attack Shiki, Misami screamed a war cry and launched herself at him, intent on trying to get him out of the way. Her plan only brought her into the line of fire with her lover. Rajani growled, immediately ending the attack.

"STUPID, LITTLE SISTER!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rajani attacks Shiki with Fire-based Eldritch Attack.
~~~~Autocombines with Enhance Magic!
20 +32 Magic +4 Eldritch Attack +4 Enhance Magic +4 Blast Mage = 44 + 20 = 64

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Misami attacks Shiki to push him to the ground.
7 + 10 Attack + 1 Spring Armor - 2 Small Size = 9 + 7 = 16

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watching as the bolt launched from the tip of her finger as he looked up at her, and watching Misami pass into the fray of the emanating stream of magic, as she lunged at him.

'This is something we have to fall back on... we don't know what we are up against here, but Misami does...' as he looks into his arms as she laid there breathing heavily nearing to pass out.

As he grabbed hold of Misami closer to him, Misami and himself faded into the shadows while they were retracting to the shadows he had his other shadows flee to Yama and Miki to take them to a different destination where they could meet up again.

~~~~~~~~~

Shiki defends against Eldritch attack ( 32 )
~ 2 Resistance + 14 Roll = 16 Total

16 - 32 = -16/2 = -8hp

~~~~~~~~~

Shiki uses animate shadow

Uses Shadow Jump:
Destinations: Away from battlefield to recuperate with others and heal

~~~~~~~~~

8/16 hp remaining
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Shiki jumped from shadow to shadow, Misami hung limply in his arms. The fingers of her left hand was clenched tight around a wad of his shirt, the only tension in her entire body, a silent reminder of how she had tried to get him out of the path of the other healer's attack. Her small breaths against his neck was his only real reassurance that she was even still alive...and those little puffs were getting softer with every passing minute. The smell of singed fur and overcooked flesh permeated the air around them.

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) Miki

"AAAAAAAHHHH!" Miki let out a scream as a Shadow Shiki yanked her into the growing shadows between the Temple of Oya and the Order house. She struggled impotently against the wolf demon copy. Realizing that she was not going to be able to get free, she began to weep.

"Always taking what's mine..." The kitsunemimi disappeared in a curl of shadow as lightning danced from one cloud to another behind her. Using the senses that she had developed while training at the Order house, she honed in on Misami's energy and took to the air. She stifled another crazed laugh as she passed by the rather large group of healers entering the street. She barely noticed when the leader of the group waved over a young acolyte hovering in the shadows nearby and pointed in the direction in which Shiki was disappearing. The dark-haired woman just followed Misami's trail lazily, knowing that the wolf demon carrying her would have to stop sometime.

'Stupid dog, fleeing only makes you easier to--' A fierce growl cut through the night only to be swallowed by a roll of thunder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Misami resists Rajani's Eldritch Attack.
5 + 12 Resistance = 12 + 5 = 17 (17 - 32 = -15 hp) [-3/12 hp]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Miki resists being magically taken from her hidey-hole.
10 + 6 Resistance = 6 + 10 = 16 (Must beat Shiki's Magic [22] + roll or be Shadow Jumped...FAILED)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rajani activates Invisibility.

Rajani activates Flight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ryszard uses Shadow Jump.
Designation: Follow the Shiki with the healer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sssso, what do we do now........" Yama's speech trails off as Shiki shadow-jumps with the Nyoka in tow. As they are jumping from shadow to shadow, Yama picks up another smell with his tongue, one that had been following them since the first jump, Yama says, "You had better hurry, Sssshiki, sssssomeone'sssss following ussss."

As he continued to jump from shadows to shadows faster with each one, noticing Misami was injured heavily, his mind was abuzz with where he could return to get someone to take care of her.

As he felt her breath growing fainter with each jump, 'The time is now... I have to find somewhere to take her...' as his mind raced, he remembered they were on the way to the Orders house, 'Hopefully they have someone there that can be helpful to her.'

As they raced along, with his acute hearing and the walls near enough to carry the sounds, he caught slight echoes of someone or something behind them, with each jump it seemed to be getting closer. 'Who or what in the hell is following us?' as he remembers the one person Misami was against, '... Ahh hell I hope it’s not her right now, that’s the last thing we need now.'
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 5:49 am

As Shiki went to jump into a shadow, he bumped into something almost as tall as himself. He bounced away from it warily, landing into a pool of light from a street lamp. Whatever he had bumped into wasn't so lucky, falling backwards into a heap of gangly limbs...just as Shiki's clones popped into winging positions behind the original. Shiki prepared to start jumping again, knowing time was running out for Misami and not willing to stop for a fight.

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) Ryszard

"Wait!" came a voice from the pile of stringy limbs on the ground. The pile sorted itself out into a tall youth. "Mother sent me! Er--That is Mother Sera of the Order of Ozain sent me..." The teen stepped out of the shadows, though little shadows still clung to him even in the light. "I'm Rys--Er, Ryszard Kemoni of the Pathos Order House..." His blue eyes spotted the little healer sheltered in Shiki's arms. He took a step forward with a hand outstretched. "I think I can help her..."

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 5:50 am

As the youth started to reach over to Misami who was cradled in his arms, his nervousness reacted and unknowingly started to bare his fangs to the person, not knowing who he was or his intentions if they were true.

Looking towards Yama as he faded into the light beside Shiki with his shadow beside him, giving a moment to let him gather his bearings and see the new person, "Yama, does this person here seem familiar in any extent... he says he’s from the Order House, and offers his help with Misami, " as he motions down to Misami in his arms, "...does it seem he’s telling the truth."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 5:51 am

Yama walks in front of Shiki , looks at the kid, tongue darting out. Yama then walks behind the kid, popping his knuckles, and says, "I'd sssay you could of sssshown up earlier, like BEFORE we had to run." He says to Shiki, "Yeah, thissss issss the one who wasss following ussss." Still behind the kid, Yama says, "Who wassss the woman that attacked ussss?"
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 5:52 am

"Well, I had to help get the children into the dorms before I sneaked out--I mean, before I came out..." He got a sheepish look on his face and dropped his eyes for a moment before raising them again to look at Shiki. Rys' shoulders did twitch as the Nyoka continued to stand out of his sight. "I wasn't really supposed to be outside anyway...I'm only an acolyte...As for the woman that attacked you, I can't say that I recognized what she looks like, but she--" He pointed at Misami. "--called her 'Oathbreaker'. So she was probably Rajani, the Oathbreaker--the Faithslayer--and if she is, you were smart to run. She destroyed an Order house in the Oriza Forest near the Miamba mountains, children and Order members still inside it. She's supposed to be very powerful."

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Misami loses another hit point. [-4/12 hp]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Weaver on Sun May 01, 2011 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 5:53 am

As to what he was mentioning was true to his knowledge that Misami's house was destroyed, but he never remembered the name of the attacker. His nerves winded down a little and he calmed down enough to have him look at Misami, "If your able to, we did run into someone she called that, Oathbreaker... and she got hurt really bad... is there a way you can heal her some, her breathing is fainting quickly..."

"If you can heal her, I’ll help you get back to the house fast, we need to be on our way there too, to find out about shelter in the city."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 5:54 am

"I think I can help her...I actually don't have a lot of experience...well, on people, that is..." Rys reached out again and took the steps necessary to lay one hand on Misami's head. His face screwed into a mask of deep concentration as he summoned the energy to heal the nekomimi's burns. A light shone beneath his hand and pushed its way into Misami.

As the light faded completely, Misami's eyes fluttered open. She shifted her legs so that they were beneath her, even while she still leaned on Shiki. Misami looked around before focusing on Shiki.

"What...what happened?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ryszard heals Misami. [+7 hp] [3/12 hp]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 5:55 am

Watching his moves as he laid a hand on Misami, and the same light he had seen Misami draw upon, come from his hands, he knew his intentions were to heal her. His eyes focused on Misami as she started to shuffle around in his arms as she began to blink and look around, he looked back up to Ryszard, “Thanks... you've brought her back...”

As a small teardrop formed in his eye as she stood up, he held Misami with both arms placed around her, "You helped protect me and you took a hit from Rajani's magic... it knocked you out, but thankfully we were able to get away from her for the time being, and ended up running into this person." motioning towards Ryszard as he stood back upright. "He helped heal your burns from the magic."

Looking up to Ryszard, "You have my deepest thanks for helping her..." as his voice trailed off still glad that Misami was in a better condition.
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 5:56 am

Rys rubbed the back of his neck with one hand and laughed nervously.

"It actually worked--I mean, no thanks needed. It is my duty--well, will be my duty...um...someday...when Mother decides that I'm ready..."

Misami laughed even as she touched a hand against Shiki's chest, healing him. Once he was healed, then she healed herself.

"Mothers can be very picky. They only want what's best for you, however. How far are you into your training?"

"I mastered the basic hand to hand and how to protect someone. The actual healing part is hard...you're actually the first person I ever healed..." Rys flashed a boyish grin at her. "I have only been there a year."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Misami heals Shiki.
11 (Magic/2) + 4 Healer = +15 points

Misami heals herself.
11 (Magic/2) + 4 Healer = +15 points [12/12 hp]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 5:58 am

As Rys finishes up the healing, Yama walks back around in front, and says to Shiki, "Well, I'd ssssay we better get him back to the Order houssse before they figure out he'sss missssing."

As his wounds and burns dissipated, Shiki looked back up as Yama mentioned about getting the kid back to the Order house.

"Well we will get you there as soon as possible, and while we are there, since Misami here is one of the Order too, hopefully they can see about sparing a room for the night to hold over from the storm."

As he stands up with his shadow forms he lifts up Misami holding her near, walks over to Ryszard laying a hand to his shoulder, "Well from here we can travel to there from the shadows, and get you back unnoticed... then we will check at the doors for lodging hopefully."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 5:59 am

"Mother sent me to bring you back, remember?" Rys said, barely resisting rolling his eyes. The lad unknowingly showcasing that he could be as cheeky as any boy his age. "She's expecting you. I'll lead you there!" With that, one of the many shadows covering him swelled and completely engulfed him, causing him to disappear. He reappeared down the street, just outside another pool of light. "Come on," he called back to them.

"Acolytes," Misami muttered, not resisting rolling her eyes. Reluctantly, she stepped away from the Shiki holding her to the one holding Miki. The girl was sobbing quietly. Shiki's arms were the only things keeping her from falling to her knees. "I'll take Miki, love, and try to get her calmed down on our way." The moment the other Shiki released her, Miki went to collapsed--and would have if not for Misami grabbing her. "Come on, sweetie, let's go."

"Mis-misami!" the girl sobbed into Misami's shoulder as the two disappeared into a shadow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rys uses Shadow Jump.

Misami (holding Miki) uses Shadow Jump.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 6:02 am

Giving a small laugh as the two rolled their eyes at each other, dismissing each other’s duties on top of another, looking at Misami as she picked up Miki, "Well guess it is a race I’ll be third in... having not much idea where to go, and Ryszard already on the way there."

Looking back to Yama as he started to fade into the shadows, "Well time to work our way there I guess."

Yama says, "Well, bessst we get going. And one more thing...." As Yama grabs onto Shiki, he can feel that Yama got a lot lighter, and something was slithering on his arm.

~~~~~~~~~~
Yama Used Shapeshift !
~~~~~~~~~~

Feeling the weight of Yama change in a not so subtle way, Shiki looks at the arm that was carrying him, and sees he’s no longer holding him, but a snake.

Taking a double take of what happened, "Well I guess we all have our own little tricks..." looking back up to the paths Ryszard and Misami were jumping through, he followed up and was actually gaining ground on them.

'Well we should be hopefully getting there soon, we've been jumping for a time now, and we couldn't have been too far away if this acolyte managed to get this far out here on his own.'
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 6:04 am

Lightning flashed as they approached the Order house. Thunder crashed. As if this was their cue, the clouds opened, releasing their burden onto the city. Any not prepared by now scrabbled with last minute actions. The rain swept over the city, drenching all in its wake. The winds howled and used the rain to lash at the small group of travels.

Despite the downpour, the doors to the Order house were opened. Light, so warm and welcoming, pierced the storm-made darkness.

Rys laughed as he teleported into the entry hall of the house. His laughter cut off as he spotted who was waiting for the group. Immediately, he stood up straight with his hands at his sides and bowed his head towards the old woman.

"Mother, I brought them back like you told me to," he said, respect clear in his voice.

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) OrderMother

"Hmm...brought them?" Mother Sera questioned, reprimand clear in her tone although she said nothing else, turning instead to greet the group staggering in behind the youth. "Welcome to the Pathos house dedicated to the Order of Ozain. You are welcome to seek shelter here as long as you have need of it." She waved her hands and the doors closed behind Misami and Miki, the last to enter. "Rooms have already been prepared for you...you can change before evening meal."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 6:05 am

Yama slithered off of Shiki's arm, and sat coiled on the floor, and surprisingly said, "I thank you, and pleassse don't punisssh the boy too hard, after all, he did help out Misssami here." Nodding his head toward Misami.
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 6:06 am

The Order Mother looked down at the little snake who was speaking to her.

"A Nyoka here? You have traveled far indeed, my friend. Your kind rarely leave their desert kingdoms. You must be seeking something." Mother Sera looked over at the nekomimi healer and the smaller nekomimi hiding behind her, though no longer sobbing. "Were your injuries grievous, sister?"

"I would have died without the help of this young acolyte, Mother," Misami answered adopting a similar stance to Rys. "Thank you for sending him."

"While I accept your gratitude, it was Ozain's will, not mine to send the boy." The Mother smiled. "Besides, he was the only one here who could travel the same way as your...friend." The old woman's eyes settled on Shiki. "It was unwise of you to antagonize the Oathbreaker....but also very amusing. I do fear, however, that you have made an enemy tonight, young man."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 6:07 am

Yama then slithers behind Shiki, and transforms back. appearing from behind Shiki, Yama pops his neck, and proceeds to pop from his head to his feet, almost sounding like light thunder. "Yeah, I am actually looking for ssssomething, but..." Yama shrugs and says, "But that can wait for another day. Sssso, who wassss that Oathbreaker anywaysssss?"

~~~~~~
Yama uses Shapeshift ("Normal" form)
~~~~~~
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 6:08 am

Placing a hand behind his head with the small light laugh, "Well I did break the robot so it wouldn't destroy the town block it was in, and she was upset that it came apart so all I did was make it where she couldn't see it..."

Pausing for a moment after speaking, "Though I probably did make an enemy out of her, I did have to do something to save that part of the town."

As he looks up at the Order Mother as she addressed herself, "I thank you for the hospitality of letting us reside here for the time being, and giving us shelter here."

As he looks down at the entryway in thought, 'However if we do find that Rajani again... hopefully we will be on more even terms, and better prepared for the encounter... I don't want to have to deal with what happened tonight ever again.'

Last edited by Weaver on Sun May 01, 2011 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 6:09 am

"The Oathbreaker is a person who was too weak to bear the burden of Ozain's teachings," Mother Sera began, her voice sounding like she was teaching children a teaching story. "Her mind broke under the strain of the knowledge. She attacked the Order house that taught her, slaying every last member before fleeing into the night. She is a rabid animal that must be destroyed." Silence echoed the master healer's last words. The sounds of the storm raging outside were dimmed as if in respect.

"She did not," Misami whispered into the quiet. She didn't move, but her body tensed as if preparing for a blow. Her mismatched eyes stared at Mother Sera, her expression harder than was customary for the gentle-spirited healer. "The fire of the Order house did kill five of our eldest--but Rajani did not attack any except those who attacked her first." Her voice rose in defiance. "SHE IS NOT AN ANIMAL TO BE DESTROYED!"
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 6:12 am

Yama just stood there, mouth shut, literally feeling the tension in the air.

Not wanting to be on the bad side of either one knowing that they both were talking about matters of the Order, and not knowing the full extent of the story, he moves towards Misami's side knowing that from the time he’s been with her she’s informed him of mostly everything that has been needed to know.

As he closes up to Misami, he places a hand around her in an attempt to calm her down. "You know what has happened, she did seem out of it, but if it is possible we can do our best to reach her... she didn't attack us entirely outright... so what you say has truth to it... the attack she did could have been worse if she fully meant to carry it out."

As he laid his other hand comforting Misami, "You were able to talk to her before... so it is likely that it is something that can be done again... we just have to have the opportunity to have it happen under the right conditions."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 6:14 am

Misami swung her eyes towards Shiki briefly before facing the Mother of this House again. Despite her desire to continue fighting, her body relaxed under the wolf demon's touch. The two healers' eyes met, a contest of wills. Both were certain they had the right of the situation. The main difference being one only saw the threat that Rajani represented while the other remembered the friendship, shared secrets in the night.

"Rajani is a person--a sick person." The words were quiet, but filled with conviction. Misami's gaze never wavered from Mother Sera's. "It goes against everything Osayin teaches to turn our backs on that. She needs our help."

The laughter started quietly before breaking through the Order leader's lips. In that laughter was many things--relief and mockery was only the most obvious. The older woman swept away from them, breaking eye contact with the nekomimi healer. Sera gestured to another acolyte who had been hovering in a doorway behind her and leading off to the right. The acolyte entered shyly into the room, sparing Ryszard a brief glance before focusing her entire attention on Mother Sera, a charming blush coloring her pale cheeks at the knowing look on the Order Mother's face.

"Maegan will show you to your rooms." The girl bowed her head towards Mother Sera in acknowledgment before looking at the small group in anticipation. Mother Sera nodded to the assembled group one last time. Then she crossed to a doorway opposite the one that Maegan had come through. She paused in the opening and turned back to meet Misami's eyes.

"Your Mother was right about you, sister. You do have great faith in people. However, I would caution you to be more aware of whom exactly you are trusting. Your Rajani is not worthy of such trust. She is the Oathbreaker now. Sentiment will not change that fact and will only cloud your judgment. One cannot be healed if one does not wish it. This is one of our first lessons. You will do well to remember it, little sister."

Then the Order Mother was gone, leaving only the two acolytes to lead the party to their rooms. Misami immediately turned towards Shiki and buried her face in his chest. She took a couple of deep breaths, taking in the familiar scent of him before she turned towards Yama with a softer look on her face.

"We should probably get dried off before we catch colds. What do you say?"
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 6:15 am

Yama just shakes his head and says, "SSSSSometimessss, it'ssss not worth assssking for it." Yama then pulls out his whet stone and begins sharpening.
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 6:15 am

Watching as the mother went out the hallways, glances down towards Misami, agreeing with her notions with a headshake.

"It would be best for us to rest up a little, we were caught out in the rain for a decent amount of time." as he looks around, "The last thing I think any of us would want to deal with now, would be to catch a cold or something just as bad."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 6:17 am

"The rooms that Mother had prepared are this way," the young female acolyte said, beckoning the group down the hallway she had come from. The group hesitantly followed the girl. "She had a change of cloths arranged for all of you..." The girl looked over her shoulder at Shiki. "We might not of gotten the sizes quite right..."

"Ah, I'm sure you did great, Maegan," Ryszard said as he laid one hand on her shoulder, causing her to blush harder. She stopped in front of a door. Nervously, she looked over the group. "This one is for the Nyoka. The next one--" She pointed to the door about five feet down the hall. "--is for the girl...and the one down there is for..." She looked at Misami and then away, blushing even redder. "...the healer and her friend."

Misami only laughed at the girl's innocence. "Will someone stay to show us the way to the dining hall after we change?"

"I'll do it," both acolytes said at the same time. They looked at each other and laughed.

"I'll do it," Rys said. He winked at the girl. "Better to stay out of Mother's way for the moment." The girl looked doubtful of the wisdom of that course of action.

"Why don't we both stay?" Rys nodded his agreement. Maegan turned her attention back towards Misami and Shiki. "We'll both stay."

"Good. We should only be a few minutes to change," Misami reassured the pair before tugging Shiki down the hall to their room.
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 6:19 am

Giving a little smirk when Misami laughed at the acolyte blushing, while the conversation continued he began to look around and soon after then feeling the hands of Misami taking his arm and began to go down the corridor into the room where they were supposed to change at,

"Well this is an interesting place... and a little odd that they would have had all of this laid out in advance when we just decided to come here..."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 6:21 am

Yama sees which room is meant for him, goes in and closes the door behind him, back against the wall, and sighs, 'Better here than out there, I guessss. Food doessss sssound good too.' He thinks to himself as he quickly changes, keeping his whetstone in his hand, and walks back out.
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 6:22 am

Pausing long enough to open the door, Misami stood on tip-toe to kiss Shiki's jaw. She rocked back on her heels and grinned up at him.

"Mothers always know these kinds of things, love. That's why they're Mothers."

And then she led the way into the room so that they could change.

Finding herself alone in the hall with two strangers, Miki squeaked and darted into the room meant for her to change as well.

~@~

A few minutes later, the group was reassembled in the hall. They were all dressed in simple robes similar to what the other Order members they had seen were wearing, but at least they were dry now. Their wet cloths hung on the drying racks that they each found in their small utilitarian rooms. Miki looked pale and frightened at the prospect of going back into a crowded room full of strangers, but her grumbling belly wouldn't let her seriously consider staying in her room. She clung to Misami's hand with a crushing grip.
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Yama glanced around, seeing the rest of the group here as well, Yama said, "Thissssss.......thisssss.....sssseemssss unusssssual, even for my tasssstes." Yama's hand started to tighten, almost impulsively.

Walking down the hallway with Misami hand in hand, heading back to the group that was gathered in the hallway, glancing over to Yama as he was mentioning what Shiki was thinking,

"Well I would agree with you on that, but Misami comes from the Order too, so if she believes its ok... then I’m with her in thinking it too."

As he looks back to Yama, "Even though it is interesting that all this was prepared."

Yama said, "True, but no one can be prepared for everything."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 7:53 pm

"Mothers know things," Misami started to explain. The words had a well-used feel to them, as if they were often repeated and thus known by heart. This impression was only reinforced when the two acolytes joined their voices with the nekomimi's soft tones. "That's why they're Mothers."

"And I've yet see Mother Sera be wrong," Ryszard said still leaning against the wall, only slightly damp despite the rain that caught them outside. "It can be a bit creepy at times, especially if you're not around it all the time. She--" He pointed at Misami. "--has obviously been raised around the Order. She just accepts it. I may be used to having Mother Sera look into shadows that I'm popping into before I'm there, but that doesn't mean it's not creepy...." His voice trailed off as he got sheepish look on his face again. The hand he had used to point at Misami came up to rub the back of his scrawny neck as he shifted uncomfortably under their gazes. "Mother Sera, at least, seems to have precognitive abilities and seems very powerful with them. She says it's Ozain who tells her things; that she just listens."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Yama says, "Sssssometimesssss it'sssss harder to lissssten than to sssspeak."

Looking at Ryszard as he was finishing up his words, "Well it would be creepy if you hopped out of a shadow and someone was right there waiting for you, I’d agree to that." as he lifts up his hand and motions to Misami, "Heck she’s done it to me a few times myself."

But looking with a little more serious look in his eyes, "Even someone with a precognitive ability, doesn't mean its always going to turn out what they see... its just one of the options that has a high chance, there's always room for errors in everything."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Misami nodded in agreement with Shiki, causing Maegan to pale slightly and Ryszard to look surprised. Their reactions didn't get pass Misami's sharp notice either. She schooled her features into a neutral mask, unconsciously mimicking her Mother's teaching expression. When she spoke, she addressed her words towards Shiki and Yama, but her eyes never left the two acolytes.

"Osayin, for His own reasons, doesn't not share everything and sometimes his messages are vague. The Mothers are taught how to listen, but still much is left to mortal interpretation which is easily flawed and clouded by one's emotions. That's what my Mother told me after our home burned to the ground."

Ryszard perked up and looked like he was about to ask something when a bell began tolling. Miki and Maegan both jumped at the sudden noise. Maegan looked relieved at the bell. A stray breeze worked its way down the hall, carrying on it the hint of a scent that gave Yama a nagging feeling.

"That's the gather bell for the evening meal," Maegan informed the group. "We should go now."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 8:12 pm

Yama's tongue darted in and out, his fangs start to show in his mouth, he says, "Is that what I think it is?" With that, Yama heads off to the dinner area with an almost needing feeling.

When they mentioned the bell and what it meant, he started to smell the aroma to the food that was prepared right as Yama started to dart off in the direction of the smell.

Glancing down to Misami’s hand has he held it,"Well shall we make way to the tables for our dinner?"
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 8:23 pm

"Let's," said the little healer and gestured towards the acolytes to lead the way. Maegan practically leaped down the hall in her eagerness to follow the Nyoka following his tongue. The little group followed, some more readily than others. Miki dragged her heels almost the entire way as the wind howled against the shuttered windows of the Order House.

As they neared the opened doors of the dining hall, Yama's tongue twitched again as a familiar scent hit him. The scent was muddled with the heavy mint scent of the healers, however. He couldn't be sure that it was her. Music spilled out of the room at the end of the long hall. That, too, was familiar to Yama. It was an old Nyokan dance song. The words to it floated towards them, chains wrapped in silk.

He knew that voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Someone uses Enchanting Presence.
9 + 24 Magic +0 Enchanting Presence = 33

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Misami resists Enchanting Presence
17 + 12 Resistance = 29 (failed)

Miki resists Enchanting Presence
1 + 6 Resistance + 4 Mental Barrier = 11 (failed)

Ryszard?...Already failed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As they neared the entryway into the main dining hall, the music floating into his ears. Shiki began to listen more and more to the tune that was being played... almost to the point of being oblivious to everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Resisting the Enchanting Presence

2 + 1 roll = 3 (No chance to begin with)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Yama goes into the room, Yama hears the music, the scent increases, but the sound makes him feel a little like home. As he looks at the ones making the music, his eyes turn to a slit, his hands pop, and he says something under his breath that sounds like a growl and rushes the singer like he has no control.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yama resists Enchanting Presence
~ No chance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yama attacks Kazuko with Claw 1
~ Attack check result = 12
~ ~ 12 + Attack 10 + Claws 6 + 4 Fighter Path + 4 Spell Sword +4 Enhance Weapons -1 Hide Armor = 39 total
~ ~ ~ ~ Magic check result = 9
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ X + 22 Magic +4 Sadist +4 Spell Sword +4 Blast Mage -1 Hide Armor = 42 total (Make Resistance Check, or lose 2 HP per Round)

Yama attacks Kazuko with Claw 2
~ Attack check result = 10
~ ~ 10 + Attack 10 + Claws 6 + 4 Fighter Path + 4 Spell Sword +4 Enhance Weapons -1 Hide Armor = 37 total
~ ~ ~ ~ Magic check result = 10
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ X + 22 Magic +4 Sadist +4 Spell Sword +4 Blast Mage -1 Hide Armor = X total (Make Resistance Check, or lose 2 HP per Round)

Yama attacks Kazuko with Bite
~ Attack check result = 6
~ ~ 6 + Attack 10 + Bite 6 = 22 total
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 8:31 pm

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) Kazuko

The scaled woman jumped back and brought her twin ring blades up to defend herself. She twirled around as she did so before popping into a shadow and disappearing across the wide room. The healers began reaching for weapons. The younger ones rushed to put themselves between the two Nyoka and the small children who had been watching the performance. Older men and women stepped forward to place themselves between the two.

"Yama," the woman called out from behind her wall of human defenders. Her dark green eyes flashed with recognition. "Long time, no see. How's Lizzy?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kazuko activated Enhance Armor.

Kazuko defends Claw 1.
11 +12 Defense +4 Enhance Armor +4 Sixth Sense +2 Storm's Surge +6 Eye's Wall +4 Acrobatics= 43 [beat]
~~~Immune to Poison.

Kazuko defends Claw 2.
1 +12 Defense +4 Enhance Armor +4 Sixth Sense +2 Storm's Surge +6 Eye's Wall +4 Acrobatics = 33 [-4 hp] [56/60 hp]
~~~Immune to Poison.

Kazuko defends Bite .
4 +12 Defense +4 Enhance Armor +4 Sixth Sense +2 Storm's Surge +6 Eye's Wall +4 Acrobatics= 36 [beat]

Kazuko rolls Swiftness.
13 +12 Swiftness +4 Speed Demon = 29

~~~~~~~~~~~
Misami rolls Swiftness.
20 + 2 Swiftness = 22

~~~~~~~~~~~
Healers in the hall rolls Swiftness.
17 +4 Swiftness + 4 Speed Demon + 3 Godspeed = 28

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ryszard rolls Swiftness.
18 +12 Swiftness +4 Speed Demon = 34
~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) Terry

Looking on from the corner Terry decides to get a closer look at the action between the dancer and mysterious looking figure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Defends against Enchanting Presence:

(Resist)10 + 11 = (Total) = 21

Swiftness Roll:

(Swift) 2 + (Robotic Reflexes) 4 + 5 = (Total) = 11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeing the woman playing the music from the background, and lulled into the room further, unaware of Yama's knowing of the person until he yells out their name which breaks through the music but for an instant. Shiki shakes his head as he now notices what has happened and seeing that Yama doesn’t seem too pleased to see this person.

'Wow... that was some good music... and why the hell is Yama going after her.'

As he came to his senses and notices everyone taking up positions between them, ’Well this went from being a nice meal to something we really could have done without... oh well... maybe it could turn out for the better.’

~~~~
Shiki rolls Swiftness

4 Swiftness + 7 Godspeed + 8 Roll = 19 Total

Shiki Uses Silence
22 magic + 4 Enhance Magic +3 Roll = 29
Shiki Uses Stealth
22 magic + 8 Roll = 30
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Yama looks at Kazuko, his entire body shaking, his scales, what were a dull green, are now having what could be described as a fit, slowly shaking much like a rattlesnake's tail. Yama with rage in his voice, says, " You know DAMN well how she is, and I have all intention of tearing that head of your shoulders and........" Yama just said something in Nyokan, which from the way it's said, sounded like a insult.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Yama rolls Swiftness check ; result = 6
~ 6 + 7 God Speed + 2 Swiftness = 15 Total
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 8:44 pm

Kazuko gave a small laugh as she began to pace on the other side of her human wall. It was a laugh that Yama was familiar with--she was trying for seduction. She kept a firm grip on her two little blades, however. Her eyes looked past Yama to the shadows behind for a brief moment before returning to Yama.

"And you haven't fixed that yet, my love?"

Misami followed Shiki into the room, torn between protecting the overgrown wolf demon and the kitten who tugged at her hand, reluctant to enter the room.

"Shiki, be careful..." she whispered as he edged closer to the fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Senior Journeymen roll Resistance against Silence.
11 +18 Resistance +4 Awareness = 33

Senior Journeymen roll Resistance against Stealth.
15 +18 Resistance +4 Awareness = 37

Kazuko rolls Resistance against Silence.
16 +8 Resistance +4 Awareness = 28

6 +8 Resistance +4 Awareness = 18

~~~~~~~~~~~

[Combat Order]
Ryszard - 34
Kazuko - 29
Healers - 28
Misami - 22
Shiki - 21
Yama - 15
Terry - 11
Miki - n/a
~~~~~~~~~~~
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Looking at how he was posted between the seemingly impending battle and the words of Misami, "Heh, you know me, I’m always tryin’ my best to be careful..."

As he thinks as to what he had just said, 'wait... that may not be the best thing to say to her... because I know what will happen when I’m not careful.'

As he looks out to where Yama was, and everything that was going on, he begins to formulate what would be the better of the things that could work for his advantage.

Yama's rattling seemed to increase, then just stopped. Yama sat down on the end of the table, keeping his eye on Kazuko as she passes through her human wall. Then. he starts to snicker, then bursts out in uproarious laughter. "Ssssso very sssssad, Lizzy would be laughing assss well if ssssshe could ssssee you now, having to cower behind helplessssss people becausssse you....you....." Yama begins to laugh again.

Sitting a table away from all the commotion, Terry turns and looks to see why the snake-like creature is laughing so hard. As she turns around to look she notices that the creature seems to be preparing for something.

'I wonder what it is that he has planned? But to be on the safe side I think I might want to be ready for anything just in case.'

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 9:00 pm

"You're not still sore about that, are you? That was years ago!" Kazuko smiled gently at the other Nyoka as if humoring a child throwing a fit over a broken toy. She tosses her head, shaking out her hair. "Things change, Yama. Try to keep up."

The healers began to murmur among themselves as the two former lovers continued to confront each other, neither making a move towards the other. Somewhere in the crowd, Ryszard shifted his hold on the shadows gathered in his hands, ready to step in should Kazuko need the help.

Noticing where the lad's attention was focused, Misami dropped Miki's hand and edged closer to Shiki.

Looking around the room as it kept tensing up with the two in the middle of it all, he had noticed Ryszard's hands as he held them still, the shadows danced in the palm.

'Well well... seems someone else here knows a little about the shadows like I do...' giving a small laugh thoughtfully as he noticed it.

'Wonder how far he’s progressed, and having a little more help here wouldn’t be too bad an idea... usually Yama is calm, but on notice of this person he went a little berserk... and as Misami always scolds me I need to be more careful.'

~~~~~
Shiki uses animate shadows, once shadows are active they continue to hide near until needed.
~~~~~~

Still with a smile on his face, Yama said, "I wasss the one who had to cope with the end resssult of your bad planning, an asssssassssin who can't even hit her target...... and besssidesssss, it'sss not me that'sssss hiding, becausssse we both know what will happen." Yama stands up from the table, claws out. "Sssso, why don't you put up your little wall, and we'll finisssssh what ssshould have been a fassst job."

Terry begins to notice that there's a lot of tension building up between multiple parties within the room. She pulls out a cigarette and lights and takes a deep inhale and a slow exhale and then speaks up saying, "This looks to be an interesting fight here, guess I better move to the side and get ready for whatever is coming." After her statement she pulls a long sleek, black suitcase from underneath the table and slings it over her back.

She takes another deep inhale of her cigarette and slowly exhales as she walks up to Yama and then leans in and says, "If you're going to kill her make sure you be nice enough to clean up the mess, I really don't want to have to clean her off the floors, not good for me to get my hands dirty if I going to have to save some lives after this." Then pats him on the shoulder and walks to the other side of the area and sits down.

Once comfortable she then signals for the drama to carry on, as she thinks to herself, 'This is really going to be one hell of a blood-fest.' Then she tosses her cigarette butt in the garbage.
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 9:02 pm

"Is that all I am to you now, my love? Some task to be done with?!" Her eyes flashed as she took a step closer to the line of people between them. The wall parted, politely anticipating her desire to speak with him. She let out a string of Nyokan that sounded surprisingly similar to what Yama had said earlier. "If you had been smart, you wouldn't have had to go through that, you know. You could have just stayed."

Ryszard took that moment to weave the shadows in his hands into a circle forming a weapon similar to the two that Kazuko held. Even as he was forming the ring blade, he moved closer to the Nyokan woman. His dark eyes were focused on Yama. The little shadows that clung to his lanky form suddenly seemed menacing instead of cute.

Misami stepped into a shadow of a healer and out of Shiki's. Her tail lashed the air behind her. Left on her own by Misami, Miki whimpers and hunches into the shadows of the wide double doors into the room. Maybe if she was small, they wouldn't notice her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ryszard activates Animate Shadow.

And So does Misami.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 9:05 pm

As he sees the figure of Ryszard step forward from the crowd and move towards Kazuko, of whom she was called, he has his shadows move around the group of people in an attempt for backstabbing the woman before things got too out of hand, and was quickly nearing the limit of where that line was.

'This needs to end now and fast before what that one person said comes true... and all the people here get caught up in a battle they don't need to be involved in.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shiki Shadow #1

Claw Attack #1
14 Attack + 6 Claw + 2 Ninjitsu + 4 Fighter + 4 Ninja + 4 Spell Sword + 4 Silence + 4 Enhance Weapons + 14 Roll = 56
~~Combines with Eldritch Attack
~~22 Magic + 4 Eldritch + 4 Spell Sword + 5 Roll = 35

Claw Attack #2
14 Attack + 6 Claw + 2 Ninjitsu + 4 Fighter + 4 Ninja + 4 Spell Sword + 4 Silence + 4 Enhance Weapons + 10 Roll = 52
~~22 Magic + 4 Eldritch + 4 Spell Sword + 16 Roll = 46

Bite Attack
14 Attack + 6 Bite + 15 Roll = 35

~~~~~~~~~~~
Shiki Shadow #2
Claw Attack #1
14 Attack + 6 Claw + 2 Ninjitsu + 4 Fighter + 4 Ninja + 4 Spell Sword + 4 Silence + 4 Enhance Weapons + 9 Roll = 51
~~22 Magic + 4 Eldritch + 4 Spell Sword + 7 Roll = 37

Claw Attack #2
14 Attack + 6 Claw + 2 Ninjitsu + 4 Fighter + 4 Ninja + 4 Spell Sword + 4 Silence + 4 Enhance Weapons + 6 Roll = 48
~~22 Magic + 4 Eldritch + 4 Spell Sword + 6 Roll = 36

Bite Attack
14 Attack + 6 Bite + 1 Roll = 21
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 9:21 pm

Terry then decides to just get prepared just in case anything happens in the next few moments and she had to defend herself. 'Time to dust off my skills.' She then proceeds to put her case on the table and unhook the latches, looking inside the case she smiles and says, "This will be your first real fight, if things get crazy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Terry uses Stealth and Silence

Stealth: (Magic) 12 + (Roll) 4 = 16

Silence: (Magic) 12 + (Roll) 6 = 18
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Sun May 01, 2011 9:27 pm

Ryszard spun into the way of the two shades that Shiki had sent to attack Kazuko. Twice he whipped out his ring blade, once for each shadow. Each gave easily under the force of the blows. Having successfully deterred the attack on the Nyoka woman, the teen turned his gaze towards Shiki. Shiki recognized the look on Rys’ face. He had seen if often enough on Misami’s.

“You will not hurt her.”

The shadows clinging to Rys’ skin engulfed him, making him disappear briefly before the youth stepped out of the shadow of the healers standing behind the wolf demon. Ryszard spun, his blade whipping out to hit Shiki multiple times.

“Oh, see what you’ve done, Yama?” Kazuko relaxed her grip on her little rings, so different from the larger one that Ryszard held. “All this fighting because you just had to throw a fit over a silly accident! One that could have been easily prevented too.” She stepped beyond the ring of healers in her eagerness to explain what she thought was right and true. “You could have just stayed with me and not let Lizzy get in the way in the first place!”

The murmur from the people in the hall became louder. Misami added a loud hiss to the growing clamor to the mix as she coiled her legs beneath her in preparation of attacking the acolyte. Noticing what she was going to do and being faster than her, a couple of the beefier healers grabbed both her arms. She let out a growling scream as she fought against their hold.

A small green-skinned woman stepped into the circle and held her hand out towards where Ryszard had just finished his first attack on Shiki. A dark emerald bolt flew from her outstretched hand and wrapped around the acolyte’s arms, making him drop his weapon. The ring blade dissolved back into harmless shadows the moment it left his fingers. The light transformed into thick vines, holding him securely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~Ryszard (Swt 34)~~
Ryszard rolls Resistance against Shiki's Silence.
4 +5 Resistance +4 Awareness = 13 (failed)

Ryszard rolls Resistance against Shiki's Stealth.
2 +5 Resistance +4 Awareness = 11 (failed)

Ryszard rolls Resistance against Terry's Silence.
2 +5 Resistance +4 Awareness = 11 (failed)

Ryszard rolls Resistance against Terry's Stealth.
16 +5 Resistance +4 Awareness = 25 (success!)

~~~~~
Ryszard attacks Shadowed Shiki #1 with Ring Blade 1.
18 +10 Attack +6 Ring Blade +2 Storm Surge +4 Enhance Weapons +5 Strong Attack = 45

Ryszard attacks Shadowed Shiki #2 with Ring Blade (of Fury) 2.
11 +10 Attack +6 Ring Blade +2 Storm Surge +4 Enhance Weapons +5 Strong Attack = 38

Ryszard attacks Shiki with Ring Blade (of Fury) 3.
20 +10 Attack +6 Ring Blade +2 Storm Surge +4 Enhance Weapons +5 Strong Attack = 47

Ryszard attacks Shiki with (Shadowed) Ring Blade 4.
4 +10 Attack +6 Ring Blade +2 Storm Surge +4 Enhance Weapons +5 Strong Attack = 31

Ryszard attacks Shiki with (Shadowed) Ring Blade 5.
20 +10 Attack +6 Ring Blade +2 Storm Surge +4 Enhance Weapons +5 Strong Attack = 47

~~Kazuko (Swt 29)~~

1 +8 Resistance +4 Awareness = 13 (failed)

20 +8 Resistance +4 Awareness = 32 (success!)

~~Healers (Swt 28)~~

Senior Journeymen roll Resistance against Silence.
13 +18 Resistance +4 Awareness = 35 (success!)

Senior Journeymen roll Resistance against Stealth.
4 +18 Resistance +4 Awareness = 26 (success!)

~~~~~~~
Two of the Senior Journeymen Healers grab Misami to keep her from attacking Ryszard.
20 +12 Attack +4 Enhance Weapons = 36
20 +12 Attack +4 Enhance Weapons = 36

~~~~~~~
Junior Journeyman restrains Ryszard using Water Attack (Earth), forgoing the damage next turn.
14 +22 Magic +4 Enhance Magic = 40

~~Misami (Swt 22)~~

Misami defends against the Healers grabbing her.
1 + 4 Defense + 6 Sixth Sense + 4 Spring Armor (Fighter) = 15 (failed; captive)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon May 02, 2011 12:47 am

Shiki raised his claws to defend himself, barely in time to catch the blade as Rys swung it around. He couldn't stop the blade from slashing through his outer robes, however. It sank quickly and deeply into the flesh of his belly. Like water from a broken jug, blood spilled forth. As soon as he saw the vines wrap around his attacker, he staggered backwards. Desperately hoping to stem the flow, he pressed his hands against the wound.

Black edged his vision as blood loss caught up with him. He crumpled. The last thing he heard as the world faded away was Misami's angry hissing as she struggled against her captors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shiki defends against Ring Blade 3.
20 +6 Defense +1 Reinforced Vestments +1 Sixth Sense +4 Stealth = 32 (32 - 47 = -15 = 1/16 hp)

Ryszard rolled a natural 20!--Reinforced Vestments' ruined until repaired in game.

Shiki defends against Ring Blade 4.
9 +6 Defense +1 Sixth Sense +4 Stealth = 20 (Canceled)

Shiki defends against Ring Blade 5.
2 +6 Defense +1 Sixth Sense +4 Stealth = 13 (Canceled)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon May 02, 2011 12:52 am

Seeing that Kazuko has stepped out in front of her wall, and that Shiki's taken a big hit and Misami's been detained, Yama says, "That wasn't a mistake, you were always jealous of Lizzy, and you had to do what you felt was right." Pulling out the whetstone, Yama says, "Well, in that case, this should look familiar then?"
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon May 02, 2011 12:53 am

Rys struggled against the vines securing him, to no avail.

Kazuko went slightly pale at the sight of Yama's whetstone. Her dark eyes widened almost comically. She licked her lips and swallowed hard before replying. Even though she struggled for nonchalance, her voice shook a little.

"You still have it?"

Misami struggled almost uselessly against the two healers holding her arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ryszard resists Water Attack (Earth).
17 + 5 Resistance = 22

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Misami defends against Healers' Hold.
1 + 4 Defense + 6 Sixth Sense + 4 Spring Armor (Fighter) = 15

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon May 02, 2011 1:04 am

As he fell back he heard the hisses of Misami, before passing out for a short time. As he awoke he saw the priests still holding her but also noticing the vines wrapped around Ryszard.

Summoning the last of his strength, he brought forth a shadow that looked a little different from before, these seemed more menacing, vengeful... something created from pure hatred.

2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) Greywolfshadowpro2. Mysterious Machinations (Southan) Greywolfshadowpro

These two took form near Shiki lifting him up and once brought up all three of them made way to the holders of his Misami, with a look of certain death in his eyes, as he stood before them, with his wound still oozing little by little, he stared at them.

"Unhand her now or regret it..." with that ending he lifted his hands glowing with a blackened electric spark going between them, as soon as it was seen on Shiki the shadows behind him crouched lower in a mean of pouncing with the same sparking, even baring their fangs readying for an imminent attack at Shiki's command.
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon May 02, 2011 1:09 am

Yama, still holding the whetstone, says to Kazuko, "Of course I still have it. It's the only thing that reminds me of the one you were before." "You may want your ‘friends’ to unhand her," pointing back to Shiki, "Cause it won't be a pretty sight, and most likely, you'll be next."

Terry sits up on the table and begins to pull piece by piece out of the case and assemble the weapon. As she does she begins to speak quietly to herself, "So things are about to get REAL bloody in here. From the looks of it not many fell for my subtly so I'm just going to have to knock on the door loudly." She finishes the assembly and then takes another cigarette out the pack and puts it in her mouth and lights it up.

As she inhales deeply and exhales out the smoke, she then begins to load the bullets in her gun. As she fills up the cartridge she yells to Yama, "So I take it that your friend is going to start the blood bath. Now would it be wise to let you guys handle the fight or should I intervene with some assistance? If so...” [cocks the trigger and pushes a bullet into the chamber] "...I would be more than happy to knock a hole into someone for you. Your friend over there with the shadows [points at Shiki] seems to be fine."

She then climbs up on a ledge for a good vantage point. Yells at Yama, "So again if you need me just yell. Otherwise I'm spectating from a safe distance."

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon May 02, 2011 1:10 am

"I'm exactly the way I was!" Kazuko exclaimed, fear giving way to anger once more. She lifted one blade and shook it at Yama. "Are you so BLIND that you can't see that? I love you--Yemoja curse it! I love you! That hussy stole you away from me!"

Wisely, the two healers that had a hold of Misami let her loose at the sight of Shiki's rage. The hissing nekomimi launched herself towards the wounded wolf demon. She pressed one hand to Shiki's gut, engulfing it in healing energy. Her mismatched eyes glared at the bound acolyte as she plotted her next move.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ryszard resists Water Attack (Earth).
7 + 5 Resistance = 12

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Misami heals Shiki.
11 (Magic/2) + 4 Healer = +15 points

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weaver Mon May 02, 2011 1:12 am

As he felt the energy of the healing he had become accustom to from Misami, he let his rage subside for a short moment, as he glanced at Misami with a thankful glance and a quick smile.

Seeing the two Nyokans still standing in the middle of the room and hearing what the female one said, he kinda stood in a small shock, 'If she still loves him, what the hell is she doing this for...'

As he stood up being able to walk on his own, he stood in the grounds, looking over to Yama. "Well if you want to settle things here, I’ll let you begin... being I don't know what to do for you now, since its seeming to become a little more personal than what I had thought... but if you need help I’ll help you."
Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next