Player's Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storyteller Profiles

Go down

Storyteller Profiles Empty Storyteller Profiles

Post  Weaver Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:29 am

Here's the long awaited GM Profiles!

For consistency purposes, all profiles must be in the following format:

BLANK'S GM PROFILE

Aliases and Alts:
Any aliases or alt accounts you might have. List your real name if you feel like it.

Code of Ethics:
What you expect of your players and what you value as a Storyteller.

Storytelling Style:
Are you Stat-Based (more attention to game stats than plot) or Story-Based (vice-versa)?

Specialties:
What kind of games do you like to run? What kind of games don't you like to run? What do you feel your talents as a storyteller are? Your shortcomings?

Mature Content:
How do you handle mature content? Mature content is any excessive display of violence, sex, or vulgarity in a game.

Rules Adherence:
How strictly do you adhere to the ruling of the Haven System?

Availability:
Please list the times you are available to game, by day, on a typical week.

Once you've posted, I'll add your profile to the following list:

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Weaver

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Storyteller Profiles Empty Re: Storyteller Profiles

Post  Weaver Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:58 am

WEAVER'S GM PROFILE

Aliases and Alts:
Weaver, Fate, Magi, and Stacy [mostly Stacy--please not Stace.]

Code of Ethics:

I do value promptness, whether that be showing up to game, letting me know when you're going to miss, or getting your post finished in a timely matter.

I do value communication. If you have a problem with me, feel free to communicate this to me in a calm, rational reason. No yelling, please. When you're yelling, communication has broken down and isn't flowing smoothly any more. Not to mention, I know myself and how bullheaded I can be--when someone starts getting in my face about something, I tend to respond by digging in my heels and refusing to budge.

I do value fairness, both giving and receiving it. If you don't agree with one of my rulings, I ask that you (points upwards) communicate that disagreement to me in a calm rational manner. I'm new to this and perfectly aware that I don't know everything. That being said: I usually have a reason and will usually be ready to explain my reasoning. I only ask that you be fair to me and not tear me down because I'm not what you're used to. A new storyteller can mean new interpretations of the rules.

I value keeping problems between only the people involved too. Every extra person in a conflict is one more complication to the problem which is usually simple in nature. This means that if something seems to be getting heated in chat, I'll pull the person (people) involved into a private chat. That being said, I understand the need to sometimes to strategically retreat if things are getting too heated.

All these things come together to make the game as fun as possible. Which isn't that the point?

Storytelling Style:
I'm going to hazard to guess that I'm a storyteller. I understand that stats are necessary and can give you a really good base for a character especially if you consider why the character would have an ability before taking it rather than just what ability path it would grant you.

Warning: I also like good grammar and will sometimes cringe at bad grammar. I try to keep my reactions to a minimum and will very rarely actually ask a player to change their post on the grounds of grammar. (The only time I would do that is if I literally cannot understand what the hel-ck you're talking about.)

Specialties:
I don't know yet what types of games I like to run. Austra, Alternative View, and Haven Saga are all sort of a heroic epic baring any turnabouts from the characters. I do like dramatic tension (David/Specter calls this torturing characters), but too much dramatic tension and the fun goes out of it.

I feel my greatest strength as a storyteller is my desire to tell an interesting story. I love interesting stories! I think there's so much potential in a good story that just begs to be explored. Interesting characters make for interesting stories.

My greatest weakness would have to be my stubbornness. When people get argumentative, I tend to dig my heels in and go "nope. my way or the highway". That's why communication is such a big thing for me.

Mature Content:
As of right now, I ask that players try to keep their actions in the PG-13 range. Smut is fine--it has its place. But from what I've seen, not in the main threads of the stories. You have freedom to do what you want in-character. Others have freedom not to read your smut.

These rulings are primarily for sexual content. Feel free to go hog-wild on violence. Just...well, let's not repeat a Saw movie.

Rules Adherence:
To all of you who's played D&D: I am lawful neutral. Rules are very important to me.

That being said, there are situations when the rules are unclear or nonexistent. At these times, I will make it up as I go along with whatever the story needs to happen as my primary focus and fairness as my second. As the creator of the Haven System, I am very familiar with the spirit behind the rules. We are beta-testing the system. I need to know when you find errors or confusion in the system so that I can fix them.

Please remember my communication expectation if you disagree with a ruling.

Availability:
I'm only available to game during the weekends at night (starting about 10 pm CST). This is not to say that I'm unwilling to have solo games be a "Whenever We Get To Posting" case.

During the week, you can usually catch me on for a few hours start around 9 pm CST. I don't particularly want to game during the week as I use that time to work on things, but I'm willing to talk. I'm also set up to receive IMs while I'm away. I'm wordsmith821 on AIM. Add (@aol.com) and you have my email address. If you are emailing me, please put Player's Haven in the subject line so that I don't delete it.

Weaver
Weaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum